Friday, September 18, 2020

Prayers for surgery

 Today is a worrisome day for me. Hard to focus on anything except what is going on with my daughter Susan. 

this morning at 11:45 she started surgery to have her right ankle replaced with an artifical one. 

Does that look like an ankle? My son-in-law said it looked like a bicycle part! 


It all started back in 1983 when she was hit by a drunk driver. Her head broke through the windshield and that ankle (her trying to brake to keep out of his way) was badly damaged. It has always been a problem since and continued to get worse. 

So, this morning. Surgery and I can't be there and I have a knot in the pit of my stomach that is pretty huge. 

I received her recovery timeline and that in itself is scary.

No weight whatsoever on that foot for a month. In week 5 she can start to use it just a little but it will be week 9 before she can use her full weight on it. 

She has a child age 12 in school (they are in actual school) and a 6'5" son who is severly autistic. He is totally attached to her (he was in a home but they closed the home because of Covid) so I don't know how it is all going to play out. 

Just keep her in your prayers, please. 

Here's my beautiful daughter with two of her three boys. 


7 comments:

  1. I am praying for successful surgery and healing for your beautiful daughter and during her long recovery time. It is hard for you as a mom, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your daughter and the family. These days make it even more difficult with the virus when you can't be there. Praying for healing and lots of help for your daughter as she gets better day by day. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers for your daughter and her family. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping for great news to follow for your daughter's recovery and healing from surgery. What a miracle to be able to replace a joint and hope for increased comfort and mobility. It is hard to sit and wait and even harder when we can't be there in the hospital. Hugs! She is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry to learn of Susan's need for surgery - keeping fingers crossed and saying a prayer that all turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan is a beautiful woman. I am sorry that this has come upon her after all those years since the accident. Once she has recovered, she will be glad for that bicycle part. Of course, you have had a knot in your stomach. Mothers feel their children's pain. Hopefully, you chat daily. Sending love...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.