Sunday, September 13, 2020

My Bucket (list) Has a Hole in It.

 I am constantly changing. No use in me making a bucket list. What I like one month will most likely be on my 'hate' list the next. Problem is... I have so much I want to do and time is running out. So, my priorities change.

 I made this scrapbook journal page some time back. Let's see how it has changed . 


#1. That is still doable. It's not far, I could even drive it and I do like sitting on the porch of the Outer Banks Inn in Edenton N. C. So, I'll keep that one.

#2. I've been in the Norfolk area for over 20 years and this Spirit Harbor Cruise has never happened for me. Don't expect it to. 

 #3. I'd still like to go to the Lewis Ginter Flower Garden in Richmond, Va. Maybe I can talk someone  into taking me. It's not far but I don't drive in city traffic anymore. 

#4. This is always a go! Anytime I am in the car I have my camera. Well, nearly every time. Love making pictures. I use a lot of them on my blog so i can't take that off my bucket list.

#5. Hmmm.. Wonder where that will be. A place I've never been?  I still have trips dancing around in   my head. Need to make it happen once this Coronavirus is over.

#6. If I ever get back to the sea... to throw a bottle with a note in it into the water.  But you know, that's not such a great idea. The ocean is too full of  junk right now as it is. I don't want to add to it. Besides, I'd never live long enough for somebody to find that bottle with the note in it and let me know.  

#7. Oh, that's a good one and another doable. Sometimes I find things that make me laugh on YouTube,  or a blog or any social media.; Of course, you have to wade through all the 'junk' on there, the hate and decisiveness. Social media does have it's draw-backs. 

#8. I think I'll start writing letters to my children to be opened after I am gone. I think about it nearly every day. And, I still haven't set down to do it. One of these days the good Lord is going strike me dead and there won't be a word written to my kids. I gotta get on this one. I'm not about to let those kids forget me!! Or know how much I love them!!

#9. I could do this every day. And, I don't. Lazy me. there's a walking path through some woods at the  edge of our complex. And, there is even a bench to sit my butt down on if I get tired. And, I don't  do it. Shame on me. What good does it do to make a bucket list if I totally ignore it? 

#10. I did so love the strolls I have taken on the streets of New York. Susan used to live in the city and  we'd walk everywhere. I'd even get out and go for a danish or just windowshop while she was at  work. There's such energy in New York. I need some of that right now. 

#11. Oh boy, I work on this every single day. I am picky about who I let into my life. Negativity can      drag you down big time. I stay away from anything that I possibly can that will make me unhappy.  I think I deserve this peace and quiet in my life. So, I fight for it big time.

Well, how did I do? 

So much I could do on this list.... if I'd just get myself out the door and do it. Maybe I'm perfectly content with life as I am living it today. That's a good thing, don't you think? 

4 comments:

  1. A great list and I hope you accomplish even more of these items. #11, peace and contentment how I love it:) Negativity and me don't jive! I also think about writing letters for loved ones but then I get sad! Enjoy your day dear friend, I hope there are lots of smiles ahead today. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bucket list is great and I hope you still get to do some of those things. Life is short for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are good and things we can all work on. I like the last one too. We need to be sure the people in our lives are positive type people...those that really care about us. Let's keep on living our lives and loving it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😁 Well if you don't get to it, they can read your blog an know how much you love them and they'll not forget you. No chance. I think about things like this all the time. Not sure how helpful it is for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.