Friday, September 25, 2020

A Covid Survivor

                                     I found out who had Covid!! 

There are 5 of us women who have sort of formed our own little club and used to meet every 2 weeks at one or the other's apartment to visit. It was one of US that had it. Fortunately I had not been in physical contact with her for quite some time. But, poor thing. She already is overcome with health issues as it is and now this. But, she's back home from the hospital. A COVID SURVIVOR !! She said it was awful so she urged us all to be sure and stayed masked. 

                                               

I am in the midst of writing the 'Open When I Am Gone' letters to each of my children. Talk about hard to do! So, I get one done a day. About all I can handle. Is this a good idea? If it's so hard for me to do, will it make my children have a more difficult time later on or will they cherish having the 'written word' that their mother loved them and what she was proud of all that they accomplished? 

I have a very short little letter that my Mom wrote years before her death, saying goodbye and I cherish it. So, maybe I am on the right track. 

I mean, I have no intention of these letters being read for let's say 10 years. That would put me at 96. Hey, my only sister will be 96 next Feb. and she's still going strong. This picture was made on her birthday last Feb. 



6 comments:

  1. My hubby wrote these letters to his kids, and I plan to do the same for mine. I think it's a great idea. Good for you. Enjoy your day and stay safe. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need to write those letters and also who gets what. Some of my things came from my side of the family and some from my husband's. Great idea but hard to do. Good for you for tackling it. I am thankful that your friend is a Covid survivor, stay safe. I sure wear my mask when I leave the house. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your friend survived her Covid ordeal and that you have not caught it.
    Never even considered writing letters to my daughters. Don't know if I will or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to believe that your sister is 95! She is lovely.

    So glad that your friend survived her illness. My daughter just learned that her elderly neighbor passed in July from Covid after he had fallen and broken his hip and was sent to a Rehab where he contracted it. It's all so sad.

    Good job on the letters. I perhaps should be giving this some thought myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the letters are a very good idea and know your children will be happy to read them in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a wonderful idea. I’ve been writing letters to my son for a few years now in a special notebook. I hope I can write in it for many, many years to come, I just want him to know how much I love him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.