Sunday, July 26, 2020

Sweet Corn on the Cob



I hope that your Sunday is going well. And, come to think about it, I'll add the whole week to that wish.

I am just a sucker for trying new things (all within reason, of course)

I had done some short videos for my instagram account but then I got rid of that  account (I had two, for gosh sakes). A gal's gotta have priorities, right!

So, the other day I got the 'itch' again to make videos. Must have been the new camera tempting me.

I found that with the first two I did, there seemed to be a slight roar in the background. Nothing running in my house so it must have been the camera. I will switch over to my cell phone for the next one.

Anyway, I am getting around to the subject...

                                                                     Slowly, but surely....

The fresh field-picked corn may be over for this season in your neck of the woods but it's still available in stores. The kind still in the shuck...

I used to shuck mine, spend too much time trying to get the silks off with a little brush and then I'd boil it. Oh My Gosh.

Let me show you how to fix it so easy... and it's so good. I know, some of you already know about this but you'd be surprised at how many doesn't.

Enjoy my little, short video on how to fix your corn on the cob!  You can tell that I am soooooo professional. (I'm dying laughing at that 😁)



6 comments:

  1. I have always boiled my corn on the cob. But I tried this with the microwave and it was just fine. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try that. The silk normally takes all the fun out of corn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read somewhere that if you pull the silk out before you begin to shuck its much easier to get the silk off the kernels. I then put it in boiling water for only a very few minutes. We've had some here in NH that has been delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like it on the grill best. Nothing says summer like corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure will try it! I have been wrapping mine in foil and cooking in the oven. Already shucked of course:) I love learning new ways to cook things, thanks for sharing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always willing to try new ways of making things easier and I'll certainly try this out. Thanks for sharing this tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.