Monday, July 6, 2020

It's Hot In The Ole Town Tonight

                                                 It's gonna be another hot day!

Been in the '90s lately. I stay inside mostly (what am I saying... I do that mostly now, not because of the heat but, because of Mr. Corona V.)

Yesterday Shirley drove down and we took off for a spin. She is more social than me so this isolation has been so hard on her. I needed some 'tears' for my eyes so we did venture into a drugstore. Almost no one there so that was good.



Then she drove to Smithfield. We were hankering for an ice cream. We each got a hot dog and finished our 'meal' with the ice cream. Mine was strawberry. Hers was some sort of vanilla with chocolate and raspberry swirls. I like things simple. (grin)



A neighbor brought over some cucumbers. How sweet was that. We have a garden here at the Commons and anyone who feels the need to dig in the dirt can have a plot. I want to share a nice recipe that I use when it's hot and there are cucumbers around. Hope you like it.







6 comments:

  1. What fun to get out and enjoy the day! Love your cute patriotic top and that big ice cream cone! Enjoy your week sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming over to my blog, and saying Hello!!!!

    Can't believe I'm not the oldest blogger!!!! At 83. No fair! You being older. -giggggggles-

    How super we are, hu????

    So very happy to meet you, and I will put your blog on my (private) Blog List.

    Homebodies here too, so this terrible Wuhan Virus Pandemic is not so hard on us, as for people, who usually go-go more.

    Again, happy to Net-Meet you!!!!

    💚

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, my comment disappeared. I'll try again:) It is nice to get out of the house! That ice cream looks delicious and refreshing on a hot day! My hubby loves cucumbers, I will have to try this salad. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ways of beating the heat Latane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you MUST get out of the house. I live near and a and w and am dreaming of a float.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ice cream looked really good on another 🌞 hot day here in nashua, NH. Thanks for the cuke salad recipe. I made a small one the other night and used sour cream, but will try this version next. Sadly I don't have any fresh dill, only dried. We are staying more at home or just around town as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.