Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Spooky Television

              
                    There's a ghost in my television. And, I don't mean on the screen, either!!

I sat down yesterday afternoon to watch "The Good Doctor" which I had taped and lo and behold...

                    There's closed captions popping up every time somebody said something.



          I've never used closed captions.. never had to and I don't need them now!

                           Do you suppose Alexa told my television that I am going deaf?

                                                         I did yell at her once! 
                   Oh, and I had to ask her to repeat herself a couple times. But, really!!

So, I am thinking that perhaps it's just this one show that recorded with the captions. Okay, if that's what they want to do... fine with me.

But, when The Good Doctor was over I switched to my regular shows and there those captions were...                                                       STILL... grrrr

Now, I know I did not go into the settings during my sleep. I never go into the settings! Well, hardly ever.

So, I clicked on settings and fixed the darn thing. It was set on YES, I want closed captions.

I didn't do that. It had to have been Myrtle. I always name my ghosts Myrtle. Don't ask me why. I have no idea.
                          But, my tv is like I want it now. Hot Dog!!

8 comments:

  1. I forget a lot of things, but one thing I do remember - Myrtle was a Ghost in the Harry Potter stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I wondered where I got that but I believe I named her back in 1999 when we moved... was Harry Potter out then?

      Delete
    2. I think she first appeared in the second Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" published in 1998. She was called Moaning Myrtle, and she haunted the bathrooms.

      Delete
  2. I know just how you feel. A couple years ago, I turned on my TV and it had the words one the screen too. I know I did not ask for this, and I don't ever mess with the settings, so I don't know how it got this way. But, after a while I got used to it. I'm glad you were able to fix it. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do use close captioning, and I love it since my hearing has gotten a bit off and I don't want the TV blarring. But I did have something strange happen the other day when I was watching a streaming episode (probably Hulu or Netflix). Suddening Sling TV popped up with an ad right in the middle of the episode. I remember thinking "this is rude advertising!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes things happen and we just know we didn’t do anything to cause it, like your closed captioning issue, Latane. But, then it’s always handy to blame the ghost in our mill apt. My husband has named her Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We (mostly my husband) have pressed that button on the remote by mistake:) Myrtle must be at our house too:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny....I think! but it's always somethings, isn't it! Hope your day is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.