Thursday, September 10, 2026

Susan's Visit

 Susan left this morning.....

So sad to see her go but we had a fabulous visit, so relaxed, filled with laughter, talk, painting, good food and such a loving, sweet time. 

On Tuesday Shirley came down. Susan said she'd like to go to Cracker Barrel. It had been years since she was in one so that's what we did. That was a fun outing. 




Shirley joined us once again for lunch on Wednesday. (We ate out a lot!!)  We hit First Watch and enjoyed that a bunch. We always have a great time when the three of us get together. 


Susan and I spent some quality time just talking.... about everything. She has recently taken up watercolor painting. She had brought her supplies down (just like Mama didn't have any!) and she sat in the middle of my living room floor and painted and painted. 

We went through the scrapbook that I'd made of her, her dad and my trip to Europe back in 1991. What memories that dredged up. I gave her the scrapbook to take home but not before I made a snapshot of each and every page of that thing. I may want to look at them again sometime. Here's one of the pages I took a picture of. 


I just hated to see the visit end... 

P.S. come back again soon. There's an interesting story I have to tell you of something had happened during her visit. You'll love it. 




8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time! You have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice visit just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture of you and your sweet girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I think y'all could star in a remake of Charlie's Angels!
    Our Cracker Barrel leaves lots to be desired, but I love First Watch ... our ladies group is going there Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great pictures of you and your daughters. I can tell you three enjoyed visiting with each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful, Latane, to see and read that you and your daughters shared a great visit, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to have your daughter there, mine is too busy to see me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.