Friday, September 18, 2026

Blessings and Tribulations

 Good Morning all you fine and fancy bloggers out there. It is a good morning anytime you wake up and can still move around, live your life, be happy. Don't you think!!


I've been sort of discombobulated lately. Seems if I get thrown off my routine I struggle to accomplish anything... for days!! I gotta fix that, there's no time to waste being discombobulated. Don't you just love that word! 

I have to tell you that my 'neighbor' who called the cops on me the other day waited a few days after she'd sent the cops on my trail for making noise, she goes to the office and gleefully tells them that SHE is the one who set me straight 'cause she hadn't heard a peep out of me since that policeman told me to behave myself. Guess what, girly, I've not changed a thing I have ever done and I just can't wait until my housekeeper gets here next week and starts doing her thing up here. Do I sound vindictive? Maybe, a tad. I am just so tired of all this mess.

I started a workshop here at Centerbrooke. I am sooooo into preserving our history (family history mostly) so I invited anyone to participate in writing down their memories in a notebook so that their grandchildren will have a sense of who their grandparents are. There were about 8 of us. They were so into telling their memories as they recalled them, of sharing and talking and having fun. And, guess what, I did not take one single picture!! What was I THINKING!!

My son-in-law came yesterday to accompany me to the eye dr. I can't see a blooming thing once my eyes are dilated!! And it takes me forever to get over it. My appointment was at 11... when I went to bed last night I noticed that my irises were still not back to normal but they are fine this morning. I have the best son-in-law. Besides being my DD (designed driver) he also fixed my dead mouse. But it wasn't my mouse at all but my computer had a glitch. He's such a wizard!! I'm so blessed! 

So... I guess I will get busy and catch up on all those chores that I neglected when I was discombobulated. Love that word!! I'll see you again soon. 


15 comments:

  1. i love the word...i always say"out of sorts". I may start using yours, it's funer. it is easy to get lost in fun and forget to take pictures, i think that is a good thing!! love the eyeball!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the word discombobulated, Latane! :) And we all get that way every now and then! Wonderful post and love the illustrations as well! I hope you have a lovely weekend! I will be 70 next month! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to use that word more. I definitely struggle when I get out of my daily routine. But of course...I don't really have a routine yet so that may be part of the trouble! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uugh on that neighbor. I might be a bit vindictive too...
    Your workshop is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness on that neighbor! (I had to go back at your previous post to see what all the commotion was about, lol.) Yep, you need to find a BIG iron skillet and drop on your floor right about bedtime.
    LOVE the word discombobulated! We need t-shirts made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Discombobulated is my middle name! Or it should be! Your poor neighbor sounds lonely and cranky. She needs to be much more thankful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea encouraging others to record their family history. Years ago I wrote mine out in an old fashion scribbler. Now it would be easier on the computer but I don't have the heart to redo it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a word I use a lot, and lately have been feeling it with the garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea for a workshop. Did anyone do any writing? Did you give them a homework assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I am sorry you are having neighbor trouble, although she seems to be the one with the problem!!!!!! What is wrong with people??! You do you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same problem with having my eyes dilated. It took all day to see again.
    I talked to my opthalmologist about it.
    He told me people with blue eyes
    have more trouble with it than dark eyed people!
    I never knew that. He started using pediatric drops for me and it helped.
    I'm so sorry your having problems with your neighbor.
    It's so sad people are just happy to be miserable. I live in the country on a quiet road. There are ten acres between our homes. One of my neighbors got angry
    About the other putting trash out a few days early. He is doing a construction project.
    Instead of trying to discuss it one guy called the police and now he's made an enemy of the other.
    So even ten acres apart people still can't get along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for a get together writing about family history!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to write my life story, too! Wonder what my kids will think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that word, It's a fun one! That's a great drawing of the eye. Having your eyes dilated is a strange feeling. I don't know about you but it seems I can actually feel the iris is bigger. :) Thankfully they're back to normal by morning. You neglect chores too? I'm really good at that! Have a great weekend Latane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.