Sunday, September 6, 2026

A Visitor and Lilies

 What a lazy Sunday... the air was cooler, the sunshine bright but not unpleasant and the world just looked gorgeous out my balcony doors. Then the telephone rang... it was my daughter Susan. She's the one who lives in New York. I saw her at her son's wedding in Georgia back the first part of May and now, she tells me she will be at my apartment tomorrow for a few days visit. What a wonderful surprise. I love surprises like that! I can't wait to see her. 


I got another surprise a few days ago.. daughter Shirley brought me a bouquet of white ginger lilies and some little reddish blossom she called a bat's face. The small flower does look like a bat's face so go figure! Those lilies are so aromatic. I just sat there in my recliner taking all that wonderful fragrance. The plants came from my aunts garden back in Alabama when she was still alive. And, she's been dead since 1981, so that cutting has been thriving, blooming and multiplying for 45 years in my daughter's yard. Amazing!!


So, I'll go for now, make sure everything is ready for my visitor tomorrow. Good times ahead!! 

Oh, by the way, I got this picture of that bat-faced cuphea flower off of the internet just to show you what it looks like.  Weird, isn't it!! 



14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! And I do see the bats face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best is yet to come and won't it be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pleasant surprise! I think flowers that have been passed down through generations is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely for you to have an unexpected visitor and she looks as gorgeous as her mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pleasant surprise. Enjoy your visit with Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - beautiful ladies. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what pretty flowers and I do see the bats face! Enjoy the visit with Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are lovely and amazing that they have been growing in the garden for so many years through generations. Enjoy the visit from your lovely daughter, Susan. I'm sure you will have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Latane, those flowers are beautiful aren't they? Have a wonderful time visiting with your daughter Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your visit with your daughter! What a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some find the scent of lilies too strong but I love it. Curious bat-face flowers.
    Enjoy your time with your daughter(s).

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a petty flower! Have fun with your visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful! Lovely fragrances and an unusual bat faced flower. I enjoyed your photos and you have very thoughtful daughters. Have a wonderful time with Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.