Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A Long Weekend Get-away!

 I got back late Monday and here it is Wednesday. Yesterday was kind of lost, if you know what I mean! 

Had a wonderful, relaxing long weekend at the beach. A two-bedroom condo with a nice, large balcony overlooking the shoreline. I practiced making selfies. 

















We had so much fun watching the waves, the pelicans and gulls, the children looking for seashells. 

















I enjoyed watching a dog prancing along on a leash, then as he was released he ran into the water and played. They walked on out of sight.... not long after, here they came, man tugging on the leash and the dog definately not wanting to head back to the condo. 




We ate out one night at Mulligans. Of course, I had scallops, my favorite seafood. 


Our last night we spent on the balcony with sandwiches, a cheese plate and glasses of wine. 



                              And, then, darn, just like it always does, it's time to go home!! 

15 comments:

  1. Great pics! Looks like a fun outing... with family, beach, and good food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time! Glad you got to enjoy that beauty and time with family. That picture with your daughter is wonderful - and she sure looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured your daughter took you for a get away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little getaway. Lots to observe on the beach. And the seafood - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Latane, what a wonderful get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! The looking forward to it is wonderful, then it goes by so fast, but what good memories! Your daughter is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that looks like the ideal getaway. Easy to see why you hated to see it end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inviting 'al fresco' table setting. (Yes, please!)
    You did so good with your selfies. If you've time, please come over to my blog and check out 'making yourself look like the moon.' Girls just wanna have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful beach photos!
    Your smiles are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely seeing you having such a wonderful time. Great photos! Collecting seashells is always fun. Both meals looked yummy. Scallops and hush puppies are my favorite and I love a good cheese plate. Wishing you a very happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! That food looks delicious! Looks like you had great weather for your get-away too. Such a nice daughter! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely weekend away for you, just the sort of weekend I like too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again! I had to tell you, I saw my first hummingbird this morning! Thanks for the tip. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful trip to the beach. LOVE the pictures! We will be going on a family vacation to the beach in a few months. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.