Wednesday, February 1, 2023

It's a Birthday Party

 Yesterday (Jan. 31st) we celebrated the birthdays that our residents had during the month of January. Mine was on the 6th.

I opened the door to the community room to the loud sounds of '70s music and happy chatter. The place was all decorated in the birthday theme. 


First we had pizza. Yum! 


We yakked and danced before the beautiful cake was sliced up and served. Everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to us and we all enjoyed the cake and ice cream.


I felt like a kid again. 'cept my kid birthdays were pretty tame. After all, I was a Depression kid. 

As we left we were given a card, a balloon and a bag of goodies. It was just so much fun. 



14 comments:

  1. Belated Happy πŸŽ‚ to you, Latane, and it looks like you and your fellow January celebrants had a wonderful get together and goodies too. Best wishes to you for a wonderful year and to myself as well as I celebrate a birthday too this weekend.πŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (albeit belated)! We never outgrow parties, do we? Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! It is good to honor and be honored. πŸŽπŸ›πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸ›πŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun for all you January birthdays! Looks like a very nice, clean and bright place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea to celebrate the January birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to celebrate! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy late birthday to you!!
    My cousin's birthday is the 6th, as well!
    Looks like you had fun...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is really nice that so many get to get in on the Birthday celebrations. That cake is decorated really nice. I wouldn't mind having a piece of it myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it sounds like lots of fun. Belated Happy Birthday! Parties like that are so special. We had a Christmas party at the Senior Center. I line dance with a group there and it is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That did look like a fun time - belated Happy Birthday to you dear Latane and may you all be dancing and partying for many more Januaries X

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated Happy Birthday! Glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll add my belated birthday wishes as well. Your place sounds like a lot of fun, always something going on. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.