Monday, November 30, 2020

Decisions, Decisions!

 I am packing a suitcase this morning. 

Decisions, decisions. This one was more or less taken out of my hands. I could say no, what with the pandemic and all, but who says no to someone who has put so much effort and love into making it possible for me to do something I wanted to and couldn't?

I've not made many decisions since March. Except to stay inside and twiddle away the hours. That was a no brainer! After all, I am in the 'age bracket' where Covid could really do some damage. 

But, I hadn't seen some of my children all year and I miss them. My son was calling me, telling me about a Boat Parade of Christmas Lights on Joe Wheeler Lake back in Alabama. I am afraid I said more than once how much I would love to see him go floating by in his boat, all decorated. He won one of the divisions last year. 

He had plans to come up for Christmas this year. I was excited about that. But, he decided that if his Mama wanted to see that Boat parade, he'd make it happen. He got a Covid test (negative, of course) and drove up to spend Thanksgiving with what part of the family is here. Now, we are heading to Alabama....

Do I have concerns.... YES. But, the only time we will stop will be for potty breaks and gassing up the vehicle. We are going with tons of masks, plastic gloves, disinfectant and food to eat. And, while down there, the Parade will be the only outing we do. 

How could I say NO to all he did to make sure his Mother is there to see that Parade she talked about? Are we stupid? Probably. Are we going to be careful, extra careful? You better believe it. 

6 comments:

  1. I am happy for you as you drive with your son to see the boat parade. It will be so joyful to see the sparkling lights and decorations, and your son is a hero for arranging this. I think you will be careful, as you describe. Have a blessed visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not stupid! Your son was tested and you will be extra careful. Go and have a blast. We are in that 'age bracket' too and it is so hard not seeing our family. Two sons live out of state and one is 4 hours north of us. Unfortunately, the one that lives the closest is not taking this virus seriously. So we are staying home. Enjoy the boat parade. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a risky time to travel. Even with your precautions you will never know if you have been exposed. I'll be praying that you and your son stay Covid-free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are taking all the necessary precautionss and should be just fine, I think. I miss my kids/grandkids so much, too. It's been a long year for all of us! Happy Boat Parade!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not stupid at all! What's the point of living if one hides out all the time. Sounds as if you will be take all necessary precautions. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe we have to continue to live our lives while doing all we can to stay safe! YES I think we should see our family when possible, I am happy that you are making this trip! Enjoy, pack some extra clothes in case you want to stay longer:) HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.