Thursday, October 15, 2020

To Friendships and Goodbyes


Time just seems to be marching on whether we can get out and enjoy it or not. That makes us have a lot of time to reflect, plan, contemplate. That can get you in a whole lot of trouble or it can simply your life.

I have come to the conclusion that it is time for me to simply my life. I am strung far too thin, can't seem to finish what I know I must or find joy in the tasks I have thought were the most important. 

You just have to make priorities! 

I have loved blogging. Been at it about 12 years. And, in 12 years I've gotten older and slower and needing to make priorities. So, I am going to say goodbye. 

I am going to miss all you wonderful people, my blogging buddies. I've cherished your friendships and won't forget you. You've brightened my life so very much. I've learned lots, cried with some, laughed with others. That's what friends do. 

I am going to keep my facebook account open. (have to have some way to keep  up the grandkids who think social media is the only way to go these days). 😀 If you like, look me up on facebook and send me a friend request. I'm listed as Willie Latane Barton. 

I wish you the very best, now and always. Keep on keeping on!! With love, Latane

10 comments:

  1. Be blessed, Sweet Latane. Pop in when you can and no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Latane. I hate to see you give up but I do so understand. Please consider leaving your blog up so that you can reflect back on all those memories. When I stop blogging that is what I plan to do. I think we started blogging about the same time. God bless you as you move along life's path. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sad news but not unexpected dear Latane. I can understand how sometimes it’s difficult to keep with all we expect of ourselves. It takes longer to do even simple things and often our energy just disappears and we have to put things off for another time.
    I just pray for your good health and much happiness in the coming months and years - and perhaps now and then you can leave us a wee note on the blog.
    I don’t do FB so can’t connect with you there.
    Warm hugs - you are a special lady and will be missed here.
    Fondly -
    Mary x🤗💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blogs through the years. Your positive outlook and zest for life have been an inspiration to me. However, you are right, priorities change as time goes on. You will be missed, Latane. I wish you good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay well. Stop by my blog when you can. We all will face this sometime. Enjoy your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOHOO:( I will miss you here but totally understand. During my sister Brenda's illness and passing, I have had little time to blog. I am gonna keep at it for now because it is my journal. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way dear friend for good health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear this, and will miss your blog posts. I will look you up on Facebook. Enjoy your days, you will have a bit extra time (maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally understand, but will miss your posts. I'll be sending you a friend request (Carol Z) and I add my blogging to my Facebook page, so it's an easy way to keep up. Take good care and will keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will miss your blog posts. I do understand. Take care. Betsy

    ReplyDelete

  10. I just started reading your blog and I love it!
    I'm reading all your previous posts now.
    Please leave it up. Maybe you could give us an update now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.