Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Trip to Kent

Nothing like a drive on a fall day through the woods on a winding road. That was lots of fun and gave us a bunch of photo opts.

                                         We had a destination in mind...

Kent, Conneticut has a covered bridge and I'd never been in an old covered bridge. Another 'first' for me in this year of doing many 'first' things. What is on your 'first' list that you'd like to do?

                                       Like I say, the drive was very nice...



It's just over an hour from Susan's. Suddenly, there it was, right in front of us. So we park and get out to explore. 



Bull's Bridge erected first in the 1700s but this structure was put there in 1842. Been in use ever since. 



A view of the river as it looks from the little windows in the covered bridge. 


Shirley hiked down to the water's edge so she could take some pictures. The zoom on my camera came in handy. She looked more like a Barbie Doll down there it was so far away. 


This sign was just past the bridge as we traveled on into downtown Kent.


Having lunch at the Fife and Drum in Kent.

I take after my Mother and Grandmother. I love to see things, do things, keep on learning and experiencing. My Mom lived to be 92, my grandmother 100 so I have a ways to go yet if I live as long as they did. And, by golly, I sure am working on it!




9 comments:

  1. That's the kind of trip I like to take too!
    Love the fresh eggs sign!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That took me back quite a few years. We had a covered bridge close by when I was a child and I loved the sound it made when we drove over it. Good to see some are still in service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post. We took trips like this visiting my sister in Maine. Looks like a great place to stop for lunch. I like the atmosphere. You keep on exploring and enjoying nature and all it has to offer. I am gonna keep doing it till I can't anymore.
    I have to say, I like that wine bottle turned lamp in the eatery you are in . Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That covered bridge is just charming and I really do love that last photo of you and your daughter. She's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say this looks like the perfect Fall visit with those two "Younger" daughters (smile) Mom, your adventurous spirit is truly an inspiration! I love when you note doing "firsts." I love that your attitude is generally positive, and that you take each day as it comes and say "what's next!" Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks like a great adventure! We have several covered bridges near where I live and I have seen them all over the years. Enjoy your FALL day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, looks like a beautiful trip. Pretty scenery, I love the covered bridge and river. Pretty photo of you and your daughter. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...just a question for you dear, the last time I heard from you I was led to believe that you were giving up blogging. What gives? It's good to see that you are still rambling around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are lovely. My hubby and I visited a covered bridge here in GA years ago. They certainly evoke thoughts of days gone by. My mother is now 91 and her mother and older sister lived to be 94 and 96. "IF" my health stays good and I have family to live for, I hope I inherited their longevity genes:) I have never done much adventuring in my life but sure would like to start. I need to get hubby in gear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.