Thursday, September 26, 2019

Laughing My Head Off

Oh my gosh....

I have laughed and laughed and laughed over something that happened to me. 

We all know that laughter is vital to our well-being, especially as we grow older and often don't have a lot to laugh about. 

                                       Well, I get this package in my mailbox. 
I open it. 

              Inside is a book and a cd for learning French words and phrases. 

I swear, I do not remember ordered either one of those. I rack my brain. I always order my books to read on my kindle and although I have been trying to learn a little French (don't ask why...) I didn't remember wanting a cd to teach me. 

I open the book... and on the front page is this...



Why would Amazon sell a book that the author signed noting each individuals name? 
                                                I must be losing my mind. 

So, a couple days later I am talking to my daughter who lives in New York and telling her about her poor old mom losing her mind and she started laughing. "I sent that to you, Mom"

                                               Well, at least I am not crazy. 

It seems that Susan was at an event where the author was the speaker. Susan told her all about her Mom who is 85, has a blog, is on instagram and facebook and has written a couple books and the woman was blown away.... so that's what the signature in the front of my book was all about.

I have laughed and laughed. I mean every time I think of it, I laugh. 

I'm so thrilled I am not losing my mind and bless that poor author who had to listen to Susan go on and on about a woman that author had never ever heard of. It's hilarious!!

10 comments:

  1. How fun that your daughter is such a fan of yours and talked you up to the author. Congrats that you are NOT losing your mind, that is something to celebrate as we enjoy our senior years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, a month from now you'll have to write a post in French. Love your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE it. And I agree. Next month, a post in French! (I might have to get that book myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful that your daughter realizes how wonderful you are and tells others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, that turned from scary to darn funny. Great daughter you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful daughter you have and good to know you're not losing your marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not remember a lot of things, and I am much younger than you!
    I just hope all my 'lost memory' stories turn out as funny as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun story and glad to read that your mind is OK and as sharp as ever, Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have wonderful daughters! But then you are a fabulous mom so not really a surprise!
    I can't see you ever losing your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful all round and what a great title, I would have loved to have attended the book launch. I would have bought the book for my Mum too!
    Enjoy your inspirational recognition and keep laughing, it suits you :)
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.