Wednesday, September 18, 2019

An Extra Set of Eyes

I'll swear...

I am not getting old. 

I am not getting forgetful. 

But, sometimes a little ghost comes into my apartment and puts things in a place I can not find. 



Just take yesterday. 

My grandson was coming and we were going to go to lunch and then grocery shopping. 

Well, I couldn't find my credit card. I looked everywhere. More than once. Still no card.

He says, "Did you look in your wallet?"

"I don't carry a wallet", I say

So, he picks up a little wallet looking thingy that you can carry instead of a purse. I almost never use it but had just recently.

"Is this it?" and he holds out my credit card. I had searched that "wallet" three times at least. 

I am not going to start writing down where I put my credit card. It just takes another set of eyes! Now to find my Navy ID card... 
gee, I wonder where it is? 

6 comments:

  1. I think wallets are too small for older people to see and are easy to leave behind with paying for something in a store. So I have a purse where I carry everything but the kitchen sink. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry a wallet instead of a purse. Less stuff in there - just the essentials (credit card, driver's license, library card, a small amount of cash, etc.), but much easier on my back. When I toted a purse with absolutely everything in it, I was beginning to tilt over sideways!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carry a small over the shoulder purse that contains only a small wallet with license and credit card, a small bottle of water, and my keys. The purse is always over my shoulder, I never put it down or hang it behind a chair. But... the forgetfulness is part of aging... so I guess it does help for us to be aware of the limits of our memory (and to have grandkids around!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life can be so frustrating. It is always when I am in a rush that I can't find my keys or my purse. I am always convinced that the fairies have moved them as I am so certain I know where I put them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that happen the other day and I knew what I was looking for was in the house. Now I can't remember what it was I had been looking for but I remember finding it. Ah age is a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL,Latane. And how about walking into a room and forgetting why you went in there in the first place. lol yeah...days like that happen. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.