Thursday, October 24, 2019

Watching Homicide Hunter

                                                  Do any of you watch the ID TV channel?

I know, many of you don't like thinking about bad things like murder or seeing blood. Now, me... I can't stand to see blood or even handle raw meat from the grocery store.

But... ta da... I have always been interested in murder mysteries. Don't ask me why? I used to read those old detective magazines, back in the day and then along comes a lot of murder shows on tv. I don't watch most of them but I did get hooked on Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter.  I liked the format of the show but to tell you the truth....

It was that good looking young man who plays Joe Kenda that drew my eye!!!!  And, yes, anybody spry and doesn't have grey hair is YOUNG to me! 

I asked my girlfriends one night if any of them watched it and one of them said "Oh, Joe comes into my beauty shop to get his hair cut" and I am thinking, 'Yeah, Right'. 

I know that Joe was a Lt. in the Colorado Springs Police Department before he retired and then started doing this show about his cases. So, how's he getting his hair cut here in Suffolk, Va., clear across the country? 

One of the girls whips out her cell phone and within a minute we find out that Joe is no longer in Colorado but right here in our little city. Well, blow me down or as Joe would say , "My, My, My'. 

Anyway, I've never run into Joe but his wife ate lunch with me one day. Actually she was with a friend at the table next to me... I couldn't even remember who that lady was until I was on my way home. 

I ordered one of Joe Kenda's books on my Kindle. But, I'd rather watch the show. Alas, this season is the final one. I guess at his age, he's about had all he wants of that sort of thing. Getting famous as a tv star in his old age. That's not bad. 


                                    Well, toodle do and a good day to you. Hope it's a great one. '


5 comments:

  1. I love murder mysteries but haven't heard about this one. I will search it out. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do watch Joe. I record his shows and watch them when things get slow. He always gets his man or woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love murder mysteries. I will check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never watched the show, but you've got me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I enjoy murder mysteries, this show is one not familiar to me as well. Lately, I have been watching previous episodes of the long standing Midsomer Murders. Maybe one day you will meet Joe in VA.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.