Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Getting Better

                                       I made it to the doctor yesterday. 



About time. What makes me get sicker than a dog before I will finally yell 'uncle' and seek help? Just stupid, that's what!

But, I can tell I am already on the mend. Got antibiotics and prednisone already marching around in my body, kicking those germs butts.

I have never coughed as hard as I did this go around. I am shocked that every organ in my body isn't shaken out of it's position and is now wandering around somewhere looking for it's home. It was rough. And, I missed that trip to the apple orchard yesterday  and today I was supposed to go out with our Commons folks on our monthly surprise lunch outing and don't feel strong enough for it.
                                                       
                                                  Double bummer.

            I am just trying to build my energy back up so I can attend a book signing on Saturday. 

Speaking of energy... I am finding little touches here and there around the Commons that tell me our new staff cares about us. We now have a selection of fruit every day sitting on the counter in our Community Room. Today there were tangerines! I got me one and it was just the best! Something about eating citrus when you feel this yucky.  Or drinking a tall, cold glass of orange juice. Wow




                                            I just thought I'd throw this in for good measure. 

I don't know if any of you have noticed that I am full of little southern sayings. They just work their way into my conversations and people that are not from the south, scratch their heads and say                                                
                                                                      "WHAT?"  

That's just me. It's who I am. I was brought up with sayings like this and have used them all my life. My grandchildren get so tickled at me and yes, they scratch their heads, too.

So, if my posts has this string of words that don't make sense to you, just scratch your head and say
                                                               "She's at it again".

11 comments:

  1. I'm so Southern girl and recognize all the sayings! Glad the meds are helping you to feel better but sorry you are missing some activities. That tangerine sounds wonderful. Take care and get stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well and hoping you're on your feet again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, Latane. Glad to hear that you are noticing improvement from the meds. Hope it won't be long at all until you are all better. Good to see your sense of humor is intact :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better! The vitamin C in the tangerines and orange juice will help you get well, too. I take a vitamin C tablet every day, and frequently eat chicken soup - two old-fashioned home remedies that you might want to try!
    Hope you are well enough to go to the book signing on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ought to have a standing Oct appointment with your doctor. You seem to be quite regular with your old buddy bronchitis. So glad you are feeling better. I enjoyed your "kicking higher than a frisky mule" expression. Sounded a bit southern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog, Latane. And I'm glad that the book A Three Dog Life was and is a comfort to you. Too bad the book has to be returned to the library but I'm a great thrift store person so I'll probably find my own copy one day. Sorry to hear you've been feeling rotten but hopefully now the meds will get you feeling fine again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are on the mend -- and that the staff is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am happy that you went to the doctor. Luckily for me, my doctor called me in something last week and I didn't have to go. Feel better my friend, have a little more citrus this morning and you'll be all better soon. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to read that you are feeling better after finally going to seek professional advice, Latane. yes, there is nothing better than cold orange juice. Did I spot a Christmas tree in the photo too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, sweetie. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. Glad you got some meds and are on the mend. PREDNISONE can work wonders!!! I used to take it when my asthma got bad, and although I didn't like the side effects they were worth it to be able to breathe again. Hope you are back up to snuff soon! (I totally understand those Southern sayings...bless your heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Met a friend yesterday in our garage who was heading to the hospital to visit a friend. Her friend had been in Europe and on the flight back was exposed to something. She ended up in respiratory distress and in ICU on a respirator for many days. Just now moved to room where she can have visitors. From there she will be going to a rehab facility for 6 weeks. It was a major bacterial infection! So glad to hear you went to get meds before it became much worse. I feel fortunate that neither husband nor I caught anything while in Barcelona or on either flight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.