Thursday, October 10, 2019

Harvest Moon Time

                       Our first BIG adventure was taking an afternoon trip. 
                           We traveled north of Rye in search of pumpkins.



A Perfect location! This post is about the large shop onsite. Wish I could have bought some things but when you are flying, you don't add to your luggage, not at the price American Airlines is charging for a suitcase now... $30... and that's one way!

We are greeted by pumpkins of all shapes, sizes and colors.







and look at these Pretty Displays













We bought hot apple cider and hot chocolate to go with our apple cider donuts. 

There was so much to see, and so much I wanted to bring home with me. 

Is there a Pumpkin Farm near you? 

Sure hope you'll take time to visit. It puts you in the best Fall mood.

As if this didn't satisfy our Fall longings.... Next we took to the out-of-doors. 

Next post is about that! You don't want to miss it. 



11 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm hungry for cider and donuts. What a fun stop for you to make memories at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pumpkins. How do you choose? I do like cider especially locally made cider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Autumn photos! The donuts sound like a great treat. We do have a pumpkin farm near us that sells cider, donuts, etc. I always enjoy seeing the different colored pumpkins and gourds. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time and lots of pretty pictures. I plan on visiting one close to me soon! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to go to places like this and see all the unusual sizes and shapes of pumpkins and gourds. I put your blog in my sidebar favs so that I won't miss your posts! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! How did I not know about your new blog? I am late to the party but I’m catching up!
    I’m loving your trip to New York! I see I have lots of posts to read so I’ll go back to June and slowly catch up!
    You are a wonderful inspiration in growing old gracefully! Accidentally? I think not.....you are purposely living an amazing life and I’m right there behind you and Louis Dean is neck and neck beside you!
    Love, love, LOVE following you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! What a fun place to visit. Your to-go order sounds absolutely delicious!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of those gourds were really unique and I have never seen a husk cherry so had to look them up. Now wouldn't mind trying one. We don't have any pumpkin farms close by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went out pumpkining yesterday. Isn't it fun? Oh, those colors are just the best. I hope you brought home lots of them. (I bought donuts, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pumpkins and gourds and thankfully we have no place for a real pumpkin in our apt, but they were such fun to carve and place on our porch in years past. Thanks for the visit inside the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photos! What a great Fall shop! Wish I could have been there with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.