Monday, October 28, 2019

How It All Began

Some time back I started a new feature on my facebook page. I called it "Memory Monday". I don't know... there may be other memory mondays out there but I'd never seen them. 

I thought it might be fun to do 



                                                                              here on my blog. 

Just sharing some things from my past. 

So here goes!!


I met my husband on a Christmas Eve. My parents were doing some last minute shopping. To stay out of their way, I was thumbing through the ladies clothes racks, hoping Santa was gonna bring me a new dress. 
A store clerk walked up beside me and said, 'May I help you?'
and I turned and drowned in those big brown eyes
and my heart did a flip. 
"Well, hello there, good looking. Where have you been all my life?" (that was my thought. I sure didn't say anything bold. I was pretty shy at that age and very inexperienced... and young)

A distant cousin worked in the same store and suddenly I found myself stopping by to visit that dear cousin.... a lot! 
Gee, I wonder why!

One day Elbert told me he had enlisted in the Navy and would be leaving for San Diego soon. "Will you write to me?" he asked.
So, thus began our courtship...
through letters for the next 3 years

  We had 60 wonderful years together. 

5 comments:

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.