Thursday, October 31, 2019

Trouble with Blogger

I am having trouble with Blogger! I can't post any images so I will hold off on posting the book-signing entrees until they get that fixed.

Just have to tell you. I have mentioned that I live in a 55+ apartment complex and the previous owners did little to provide us with activities. They said that wasn't their job. So, they'd take us to the grocery store and once a month we'd play bingo and go out for lunch.

We have new owners!! And, I just saw the calendar for November. There's something scheduled every single week day for us to participate in, if we want. I am beyond excited! It's important that as we age we are kept active, have a social life, have fun and not sit in a our apartments only thinking about our aches and pains. I appreciate beyond measure the new owners seeing this need and providing it for us.

How about you? If you are "older" what do you do for fun? Do you go out of your way to engage with others? You'll be happier and live longer .....


7 comments:

  1. Latane, I am not a 'joiner'... never have been. But I do enjoy being with my pottery groupies! Since I don't play cards or games as such, it would have to be something to do with art, nature, cooking, writing, or books. I have thought about joining a book club, but not sure I want to be told what book to read...
    I'm glad the new owners are scheduling activities for the tenants. And I do think you should keep active and get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the blogger troubles, sometimes it goes on the blink. It is nice that you are getting more activities in you complex. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the new owners are really going to make life interesting with choice. I would enjoy that and hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latane I was unable to post pix this morning also - so did this (which I've done before) and you can try it. Open your blog and at the top right you will see New Post - Design - Sign Out
    Click on Sign Out and a box will pop up showing you have signed out but with a place to 'sign in' again. Click on that and it will ask for your Google Password - enter it and click. This seems to reset your blog. I'm now able to post pix as usual.

    Also, are you seeing the TRY THE NEW BLOGGER box which has popped up? I'm hesitating clicking on that right now but would like to know what it's all about!

    Yes, I'm definitely in the 'older' group - 76 last week! How did I become so old?
    Love to engage with others, especially when traveling, but also even if just at the grocery store!
    Bob and I talk too much but we do love people and they usually respond in a positive manner.
    Glad things are looking up at the apt. complex with the new owners.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad the new owners are providing lots of activities. That's such a good thing and will make it much more fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope lots of people participate which will encourage the new owners to keep up the offerings. I am a senior and busy, this year I joined a book discussion group open to anyone 55 plus in our town, I do Bible study once a week, church, volunteer work, am doing home improvements, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like things are really picking up at your residence. We live in a Mill that has over 325 apts and there is a definite lack of activities and events. But then when some are scheduled, very few people attend. I keep busy by getting together with friends I’ve made here, going to the library and the local senior center for weekly dominoes games.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.