Sunday, September 1, 2019

I Could Live On That Boat!

What started out to be just a ride over to the Eastern Shore to take great-grandson home after an over-nighter at his Nana's house, turned out to be an adventurous afternoon. 

Okay, for those of you who don't know... Part of Virginia is on a pennisula across the Chesapeake Bay and the way you get there is to go over 17 miles of bridges and tunnels. That part of Virginia on the pennisula is called the Eastern Shore. 


part of the Cheaspeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. Not my photo. 

So, when we arrived at my granddaughter's house, they were preparing lunch for us. What a treat! Then grandson-in-law's parents popped in and so there was some visiting to do. Then we all traipsed off to the edge of the yard to see a new tree house being built for the three children. 

Granddaughter and her hubby got married last Nov. and a friend of BB's (that's the granddaughter) provided his 72 ft. yacht for a week in the Carribean for their honeymoon. 


me on the dock before boarding the Sentry

Well, the yacht had pulled into the marina near their house so we all drove down to meet the generous friend and the captain and his wife. We call the boat 'the honeymoon boat'. Oh my what a time those newlyweds must have had. There were tales going on and the children exploring every nook and cranny.


Two of the children exploring the engine room

 It was a treat for us all. 


daughter enjoying the cockpit area or do you call it a wheelhouse? 

So, I missed the first half of my Alabama-Duke game but that's okay. I wouldn't have missed the afternoon on the Eastern Shore for anything. Sometimes you just have to make choices! 😀

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting post. I never knew about the 17 miles of bridges and tunnels. What a lovely wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is the best kind of wedding gift. Hard to wrap but my what memories. Is there anything greater than the peace being on the water brings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree - I could live on that boat!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former resident of the Eastern Shore, you made a good choice to forgo the football game (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.