Thursday, September 12, 2019

Live In The Moment


I forget to live in the moment so often. I am trying harder to do that all the time. On this trip I really focused on what I was seeing, feeling, hoping and dreaming. When you stop just 'surviving' and start paying attention, that's when you begin really living. 



The rich color of purple in the ironweed growing alongside the road.  It's beauty happens wherever the seed falls... and so can we be beautiful in whatever place we fall .... if we so choose.


The heavenly aroma of a plumeria blossom from a pot on my son's deck. Sometimes we forget to savor the smell... food, flowers, perfume, the air etc.


I grew up on a farm. There's something that anchors you to the earth more when you are exposed to God's creation every day of your life. 


We were so fortunate to follow a few miles of multiple spiderwebs decorating the side of the road on one foggy morning. No traffic, so we stopped to capture the wonder that a small spider can make by weaving such intricate patterns. This web is dotted with drops of dew. It just takes your breath away.


The mountains... awe-inspiring. They seem to go on forever. 

Take a moment

Enjoy life


9 comments:

  1. Latane, this is a wonderful post. We all need to take the time to really see what is around us. So many times we are in such a rush. Thank you for sharing and linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountains sure give you a big panoramic view! Love the spider web too. I'll remember what you've said today. I need to quit worrying about things that are not in my control right now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Latane and a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That plumeria is a wonder of lovely color and I appreciate spider webs too. Slow down and enjoy the moment, good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers, but it is the spiderweb photo that I really love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These images are so very beautiful. And you are right -- so many of us forget to live in the moment. Thanks for this. I need to get you marked to follow if I haven't already. I so appreciate your visits and what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right, it's that old adage "stop and smell the roses" which is always wonderful and definitely keeps us going! I love spiderwebs in early morning when there's a dew - another wonder of nature from a very tiny creature.
    Enjoy the weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great quote and beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.