Monday, September 30, 2019

Leaving On A Jet Plane

                                                                 I'm leaving on a jet plane
                                                         don't know when I'll be back again. 
                                                                                              (John Denver)



That's true... in the morning... heading to New York to visit my youngest daughter, Susan.

But, unlike John Denver who did not know when he would be back, I know how long I will be away ... one week.

Now, I've flown more times than I care to think about. I've flown cross-country several times and across both oceans... not both at the same time. 😀

But, the older I get the less I like flying!!

Am I being a scaredy cat? MAYBE

I blame it on the hectic pace of flying now. My inability to scoot from one gate to another in five minutes!

They lose your luggage, feed you 'squirrel food'.

There's no leg room, you are crammed into that plane like a bunch of sardines in a tin can!

And, don't forget the baby that cries non-stop. Poor thing. I feel for it but I've already put in YEARS of crying babies.

So, what do my daughters do? 

They decide that the daughter (Shirley) who lives near me will fly up with me. Help her "poor old aged Mother" maneuver the obstacle courses. Ha ha

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love that they do that but I just think it's funny. I love it when they get so protective... well, most of the time anyway.

I won't have my laptop with me so I will be absent for a week. Will have pictures and stories to tell when I get back. 

Bon Appetit     oh heck that's have a good meal

Au Revoir!  (Goodbye)




11 comments:

  1. A lot of people recorded that song. The version I remember is by Peter, Paul, and Mary, but I love John Denver!
    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are leaving on a jet plane, too, tomorrow. Flying all the way to Barcelona for two weeks! Safe travels to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just clicked on some of your favorite blogs (where's mine?) and the link takes me to your page with nothing there. Happened for several and so I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip! Yes, flying is a hassle, especially if you're older and can't sprint between gates, etc. So glad you will have a companion with you. Very thoughtful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time in New York! Your family is wonderful, Latane. And so are you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is so sweet. All of the things you mentioned plus just down right fear keep me out of the skies. Have a wonderful visit and a safe trip. Take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip. I'm not afraid to fly these days but I hate the crowds, the waits, all that! You'll have a ball~! What a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your adventures and time spent with your daughters, Latane. And I am not fond of travel by plans for all the reasons you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot wait to hear about and see photos of your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.