Sunday, September 29, 2019

Where Did My Hair Go?

I am ticked!!!!

                After having a more than full head of hair for all my life,



now as I am getting a little older, I am losing hair like crazy. I could just cry to watch strands of it wash down the shower drain ... or me find it on my pillow ...
                                                          Do any of you have a hair problem?

                                      I have a bad hair day just about every day. And,  it's not funny!
                                         

Besides losing it, I now have a huge part right down the back of my head. It's like Moses came and parted the red sea. There are days that Pharaoh's army could just march down my head in that dry/bare spot.



Some days it is much worse than this. 

I've tried different hair stylists. I've tried different hair products. I've tried teasing and putting it up in wire curlers. I've tried wearing it longer, wearing it shorter. Nothing helps.

Whenever I see a lady sitting or standing in front of me with a huge part in her hair in the back of her head, I just want to reach out and smooth it out for her. Of course, she'd probably slap me silly if I did. But, now I am that lady with the part. I wonder if somebody is itching to smooth out my hair.

I will tell them.... It AIN'T GONNA WORK!

Any suggestions is much appreciated. I mean we gals have got to look out for one another. So, if you come up with something that works just know that you are my BFF. 



6 comments:

  1. I went thought this same thing a few years ago, asked my hairdresser about it and I had a scalp issue...like a crust. Got some medicated shampoo and that stopped the daily hair loss. Might not be your problem but it doesn't hurt to talk to your hairdresser about it. Also research vitamin deficiencies and hair health. One of my friends swears by a probiotic she takes for her hair. It is natural for or hair to thin but it doesn't hurt to make sure yours is a natural rate of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could provide a helpful reply, Latane, but I have been told I have “thinning hair” yet it was my late mother and brother who had more hair loss than myself. Also, I have a similar smaller spot in the back of my head but I don’t worry about it and it doesn’t seem to worsen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cousin who is in her 70s and still has a beautiful head of hair. She uses an OTC vitamin(?) called Biotin. You may see it promoted for beautiful skin, hair, and nails.
    Another thing, if I remember correctly, is that thyroid problems can cause hair loss. And another cousin said she started losing her hair when she started taking medicine for diabetes (Metformin) so check your meds for side effects.
    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I had the same thing this past year and it is hard on us thick haired people all our life to find bare spots. And what is with that pink scalp? Anyway, I had several bare spots in the back that I had to carefully comb and a wide part. I started taking 1000 mcg of Biotin every day and what a difference. I see Lea also knows about this supplement. My part is less noticeable and the bare spots in the back are gone. An added benefit is that my nails are strong and no longer brittle. May or may not work for you but it sure did for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had to deal with that one yet, but who knows, someday. It's interesting reading the other suggestions. My back-up plan? A really cute hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.