Wednesday, September 25, 2019

New Developments

When you lose a spouse, life is never the same. It's the most devastating thing ever, losing that companion. Then you wonder what to do next, what your role is, who you are now. 




When my husband of 60 years died in 2011 I really struggled with what to do with living my life by myself. 




 I lived in a big, old 2 story house, way too big, too hard to maintain, in a small town with little to do. I was smart. I didn't jump right into making changes. It was 4 years before I finally found this adorable apartment in a 55+ senior complex. 




Those of you who have followed me for a long time know the story so I don't mean to bore you. I just have some 'gossip' to share and I felt it needed a lead-in. 

There was a manager (whom we loved) and an assistant manager (whom many people couldn't stand). Guess it's that way in a lot of places. Back a year ago the complex was sold to a new company and we lost our manager! Boy, were we sad. And, I am sure many asked 'why not the assistant manager. That would have been better'. But, we don't get to pick and choose. 

We had hopes of some changes being made but things seemed to get worse. Then, yesterday I learned that the assistant had been fired. And, the new manager was also leaving. Her choice. 

We are getting new staff and I can't wait to see what happens. I will be sure to let you know when I know something. 

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck with your new manager and assistant. We've all suffered through bad management in one way or another but it sounds like the head people were onto it. Hopefully they can take some of the resident concerns to heart as they rehire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all works out with your change of staff.

    You are so right about the timing of your move. Widows shouldn't jump into that decision too soon. Three-four years is good timing in my opinion; you're past the worst of the grieving process and can make better judgements and adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When you lose a spouse, life is never the same"... I can so believe that. And at our age, I've heard the story so many times... and can't imagine the heartbreak. I hate it when it happens close to home as 'there are no words'...
    Sounds like you made some good decisions - decisions that I'm sure were difficult. I really hope the new management works out well. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really been amazing during your time since losing your dear husband Latane. You are a strong lady who sets the bar high and has retained a very positive attitude - in fact I want to be just like you when I grow up, haha!!!!!! (I'll be 76 next month so not that far behind you!).
    Hope the new staffing works well for you all in what sounds like a lovely community. Your former house was so fabulous - but as you say too much for you alone to manage.
    Blessings, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change can be good as you have shown, Latane. Hope the management shake-up in your complex is for the better of the residents.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.