Monday, September 9, 2019

A Birthday Celebration

Given the chance there was no way I would miss my son's 62nd birthday!!



So Shirley and her hubby John brought me down to Alabama for a few days. The guys had home-improvement plans in the works, too. So, it's been a fun and productive visit. 

Driving down I took some pictures. Do you know how hard it is to get good pictures out the window of a car going 60 miles an hour? Not easy. 

I love old barns.. and look for interesting ones. I think I've hit the jackpot if I find one with a 'quilt' on the front... and the picture turns out well. 



JACKPOT!

We've had a lot of fun, got some work done and eaten some outstanding food. 

For the birthday celebration we went to Connor's in Huntsville, Al. The food was probably the best I've ever had. Michael got steak (Delmonico) which he devoured every bite. I had the Chicken Picata with collard greens. Oh, my.. I could have eaten a ton of those!! and the evening was filled with fun and family.


A late night but this morning the guys were back at work. Shirley and I are just being lazy!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son!
    I love to see quilt barns, too!
    You could add this post to The Barn Collective link party at
    http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-barn-collective_8.html
    To add your link, click on the G (Google) since you are using their blogspot site for your blog.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tho barns with quilt blocks painted on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time was had by all! Belated happy birthday to your handsome 'boy' Michael, and here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackpot is right with your photo of the barn and quilt on it. That was great you spent time with your son on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday wishes to your son, Latane. Glad you got the chance to go and help with the celebration. I also like collard greens which we were introduced to when we lived in VA. And yes it is hard to get good photos at 60 mph but you did good with the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your son is so handsome, i'm sure he enjoyed his special birthday!! those quilt barns are always so unique and i always enjoy seeing them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.