Friday, August 30, 2019

2 Ss - SCARE & SQUIRREL

                               There's nothing like a little scare to give you pause! 

                                           Monday I was feeling like a wet dishrag.

A cough I'd had for a month just wouldn't go away and I felt miserable. I did go with my daughter for some breakfast and to see my sweet great-grandson and granddaughter. That perked me up some but it was evident to them and to my daughter that I just wasn't doing well.



So, daughter took me to sick call at my family clinic. An x-ray tech said he saw a spot on my left lung. 

I mean, after watching Leslie (my companion for 5 years) die of lung cancer, anything like that just scares the beegeebees out of me. 

                            But, a CT scan today revealed NOTHING THERE...

                                                                          Yeah!!!!!!

At this age, we do get little scares like that from time to time. So thankful for prayers and concerns.



                                                  And, so on to brighter things.

Late yesterday evening I saw a squirrel in the tree across the drive from my apartment. Of course, I grabbed my camera. 

Just thought I'd share of couple of snaps I did of him eating something he'd found. Getting some fat on for the cold winter ahead. 

Gee, I wonder if perhaps I shouldn't be doing that. I really think I hear some cookies calling me....




6 comments:

  1. Scare and squirrel, that got my attention. That is good the test result shows no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know you are OK dear - seems life continually throws these health scares at us. Always amazes me that any of us live to be so old, haha!!!!!
    Anyway, take care, and keep on keeping on!
    Love the photo of you and great-grandson - he looks like a great kid.
    Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute squirrel! Glad you are okay!
    Great family photo!
    Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing feels so good as to be shot at(with a health treat) and missed. So glad you were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the good news. I had a similar scare this summer and was also delighted that it wasn't what I feared. I am thankful (for us both). Your squirrel pic reminded me of something I forgot to mention in my recent blog. They don't have squirrels on Oahu, but we saw several mongoose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for getting it checked out. Great news.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.