Friday, August 2, 2019

I Start A Scrapbook Journal

At the beginning of last year after I had been complaining, rather loudly and sadly, about Sunday afternoons being so hard for me two of my daughters came up with the idea that perhaps I might do some scrapbook journaling.

I already had a journal that I wasn't using.. so I jumped on that idea. I am bad to just jump in... no plan... no goal... I just start and hope it turns out well. Somewhere along the way, I find out how I want any project to be.. 

I do that with everything as you can probably tell with my blogging. No direction... just jump and hope I can swim. Perhaps that is the reason I have never had a large following. They can't figure me out. Heck, I can't even figure me out!!

Anyway, I did a first page.  At this point, I am using my art supplies. Thought I'd go that route. 

Page two is next. What will I do with that? Maybe a record of my activities of the past week. 



So, it looks pretty juvenile. Not what I had envisioned. So, I try again.  More color this time.. and I have added printed quotes. Is this the path I want for my new venture? Still not sure.



So, I put it away. Maybe by the following Sunday afternoon I will have a more clear vision of what I want this to look like. 

I will continue with my scrapbooking journey from time to time... I know you won't want to miss that. (he he) 


If you are alone, do you struggle with days that are lonely?

We all have to pull ourselves 'up by the bootstrap' so to speak, and put a little joy into our lives, create something that sparks a new or renewed interest. 
If people aren't around... make your own little world.
Loneliness leads to depression.
We can't have that!

So, start a scrapbook journal, or paint or write or go for a walk. 

Just do something to continue living the best life that you can. 

10 comments:

  1. I just love your version of a scrapbook journal Latane, you are talented in your art, a style of your very own which is just lovely.
    Do keep going with this and share often - I love how you pick snippets from your day and illustrated them in this fashion. I may even consider doing something similar - heavens knows, I sure have enough blank journals hanging around which have never yet seen a pen or colored pencil (and I have a slew of both).
    Have to admit I haven't any reason to be lonely, at least as long as I have Bob, he keeps me going and has plenty of energy, but those days may come, who knows!
    Knowing you from your always interesting blog posts, I can't ever see you being depressed, you are an amazing, vibrant woman still with plenty of spunk. So hang in there dear, still plenty to keep you busy - and as we mentioned recently, each day is precious! (Thanks for your note by the way!).
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started so many scrapbook journals it isn't funny. I never seem to finish them though. They do fill a need so are worth doing when the mood strikes. I think of my blog as my journal now.

    And yes, I have many days where I am lonely and that can happen even on days where I see or are with other people. It's that lack of connecting on a deeper level like I did when my husband was alive that adds up to loneliness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I do when I am lonely is read your blog! Your art is beautiful and charming. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is hard to come up with something unique and beautiful unless you get some inspiration from somewhere, like Pinterest or Instagram and then make those ideas uniquely your own. I would give each day more than one page...do something really different each time instead of drawing and coloring in. Cut out things from magazines or use real pressed flowers and leaves. Insert quotes from books or people you know, or memories from a similar day from your childhood. Type what you want to say on the computer and then print that out on colored papers then insert cuttings of those onto certain pages. Photographs too. Collages. Just throwing some ideas out there. You put four days on one journal page, but I think each page should be its own day, or even two or three pages if it was a full day. Give it another shot and see what you can come up with! I still think it's a great idea, just needs some work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually those pages were done last year when I first got started. Like I said, I start with no plan and just watch what happens. (grin). As I post more pages you will get a whole different view of where I went with that idea... Stay tuned. And, thanks so much for your interest and encouragement. I do use Pinterest a lot... Do you scrapbook? If not, you should.

      Delete
  5. Latane- Those are great! What a good idea...and I think it is just great to go along with no plan. Thanks for visiting my blog, too.
    Would you mind sharing your email directly with me? I promise not to spam you? lol Would just like to be able to reply to your comments directly. You can email me at dianakos1@gmail.com
    If you are not comfortable doing that- no big deal.
    Have a wonderful weekend- Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi latane...i think the journal was a great idea. i bought 2 about a year ago and i still have not started writing. i love what you have done, keep it free, keep it light. it looks fresh, unrehearsed and that's what i love about it!! i hope you keep writing!! i think if you want more followers, you have to read more blogs and leave comments. usually, people will visit you and leave a comment!!

    check pinterest, they have great ideas for journaling...but maybe you prefer it to be your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your journal Latane, and I love it with your handwriting. I think journaling is a great thing to do, it's fun to write down your life. I'm sending you positive vibes so next week you will be a winner at Bingo "eye's down for a full house", "legs eleven" and all that!
    Have a lovely week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your scrapbook idea. I keep a journal which i like to look back over at the end of the year. I also have a list of things I would like to do,such as visit an exhibition, try out a recipe, try outa new walk etc. I jot them down as I come across them. When I'm feeling low I refer to my list and do something. The sense of achievement always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weekends are very hard for me. (and holidays) I try to read, or take a walk, or prepare a meal on weekends to keep me occupied. I like the scrapbook idea and can't wait for you to share more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.