Saturday, January 4, 2020

Choose Your Friends Wisely


I was reading recently about how our lives are affected by the people we surround ourselves with. 

Sometimes we can't help who we deal with but most times we can. 

Sometimes we keep friends around who annoy us and drag us down, out of loyalty. 

Sometimes we don't want to hurt their feelings.




                          But, we are in charge of how we live our own lives. 

It's ok to distance yourself from those who criticize, are negative, make us feel bad about ourselves. 

It's ok to make new friends who are uplifting and fun. 

It's ok to take control of how we want to feel every single day of our lives. 

Your life is in your hands so make it the most wonderful journey throughout every day you live. You deserve it. 

7 comments:

  1. You have provided some good advice, Latane, and this can also apply to family members, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post this morning and I totally agree with all you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I have surrounded myself with lots of wonderful folks through my blog. I enjoy visiting each of their blogs. When I am feeling a bit down, they give me energy and spirit for a new day. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. Easier to do with friends than family but it can be done with family also by limiting time spent with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely. I appreciate the friends I've met since I've retired 6+ years ago. They are upbeat and lively. No time for negativity. Happy new year wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your observations are very true. It is a pity it took most of my life to come to the same conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my friends who keep me going - those who live around me and definitely those of you whom I know via your blogs. I too have problems with family members but refuse to allow all that drama to ruin my life! This year things will have to change as health and happiness is not going to be impacted any long by certain people.
    We are "in charge of how we live our lives", especially as we age, and we don't want to waste any of the precious moments dealing with those who try to bring us down.

    Here's to living happily and making each of those moments count.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.