Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Don't Be Bored

Living in a place like I do (55+ residents) I am finding out a lot about human nature. 
Some folks love to stay busy
and
Some just sit around and complain. 
My thinking is that they can't come up with ideas to not be bored. or, maybe they like being bored 😀
Me. I can't imagine not milking every second out of every minute of every day of my life that I have left. 




Are you bored

I think not, not if you are on the computer (and you wouldn't be reading this if you weren't)

I've taken up bird-watching. Anybody can do that! Get you a bird identification book and get busy. I can't look through binoculars (it makes me dizzy) so I use the zoom on my camera to find that illusive bird singing in a tree top. 

With the digital cameras coming in to vogue... that changed my life. I take pictures of EVERYTHING. 



Love to travel or just take day trips?

Can't drive anymore?

Call a bus tour company and see what they have to offer. 
Tag along with family (if they'll let you. ha ha) 

or find a friend who drives and make it a girl's trip. 



I love my big computer. Couldn't do without it and all it offers, including all my blogging friends.
But, you can't get a computer?
Get a tablet, a Kindle Fire, or something similiar.
I have a Kindle Fire. Use it to read books, play games, check my facebook and blog etc.
I'm never lonely as long as I have my blog. 
Y'all make it so fun.



So 



There's no excuse for being bored. You just gotta plug into life and living. 

t

6 comments:

  1. A great post! Good advice!
    I have an eye doctor appointment today and my husband goes to see a dermatologist tomorrow. We are thankful to have good health care, and it gets us out of the house! We plan to eat today at one of those Japanese places that cook the food in front of you. Since each grill/table seats 8 people, I meet new and interesting folks!
    Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good advice. Life is too short to be bored. I love crafts, so I have absolutely no reason to get bored. I have made so many wonderful blog friends. I'd be lost without my laptop and my blog, and my little dog and my crafts. See what I mean? I'm too busy to be bored. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed that life is never boring unless you make it so and you surely do NOT, Latane, and neither do we. Every day is a new adventure and all of your suggestions are great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way! I did get bored when healing from surgery because there were so many things I couldn’t do and I thought I’d never have too much time to read but I did! Birdwatching is one of the things I like to do, too. This winter has been so mild that we have had orioles visiting that are apparently overwintering here. The orange color is so amazing and really brightens up the winter scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice. There really is no reason to be bored. I do love my computer and spend too much time there. Not getting in any exercise just punching keys and moving a mouse but bored I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never bored. If I get a twinge of boredom I remind myself that I live in New York City and there is lots to do. When I was a little girl I remember telling my mother once that I was bored. She said to me that I could either sew or weed the yard. I was probably no more than seven, but that taught me to find things to do. You're so right, as long as I have the world in blogs I am happy and busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.