Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thankful for a Busy Life

          I have been in the best mood lately. And, staying busy.
My entire attitude has changed since the apartment complex was sold last Fall. I don't stay in my apartment anymore.. I am often down in the community room participating in all sorts of things. I am so thankful for the new staff who has our best interest at heart.

This week we had church services on Monday morning. (we do every Monday) and I am really enjoying that!  Following the service a bunch of us loaded up in the van and headed off for Amicis, an Italian place downtown. We had such a great time, excellent food and fellowship.

One day I did a page in my scrapbook journal. It was all about Valentines day.

I've been cooking some. I guess you could say I am in a SOUPY mood. First it was cabbage soup. Yesterday it was chicken soup. I always freeze left-overs. I tell you, I am tickled to death on a cold day when I don't feel real spiffy to be able to open that freezer and get out some soup to eat. It's just the best tonic for my soul.

I had taken my Christmas wreath down, of course, I had.... it's nearly Valentine's day for gosh sakes. So, I ran up to the Dollar Tree ... no, not RUN... I drove. It's just over a block away but it was cold. I bought me some knick-knacks and put together a Valentine basket for my front door.



This morning I went to our activity committee planning meeting and I was just so proud of myself 😇 . I had a lot of suggestions for new activities for our March Calendar. We have our February one already and I love what they are offering for our well-being and entertainment.

And, this afternoon I played Pokeno for the first time. It was a blast. Can't wait for our next session. We played for little mini-candy bars today... oh Lordy... I will have snacks for awhile now!! Like I need them!!

So... that's what I have been up to. What have all of you been doing? I must check out your blogs and see for myself!! 

                               Joining Thankful Thursday

8 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. Youngest granddaughter (2 1/2) is here until the 6th with her mom, our daughter. Daughter commuting to DC for work so we are watching Granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the change in management staff has had such a great positive effect on yourself and I'm sure many other residents as well. Sounds like you are really having great fun. Your Hearts Day door deco is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new management sound like they really want to make it a happy place for all of you. How great to be able to help plan monthly activities. What a good idea to decorate your door for valentines day. The valentine basket on your door is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are living the good life, that's the way it's supposed to be. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy did you get lucky with the new owners. It sure could have gone the other way. Love that basket and smiled at your playing that game for candy. That you are set for a while sounds like you won big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Valentine basket is sure to attract a lot of attention. You sound as if you're having a ball! Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the new management is doing the right thing and you are getting out and about more. Love the Valentine decoration on your door. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That basket on your door is lovely. Sounds like you are enjoying every day. This is good. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.