Thursday, January 16, 2020

I Can't Remember!! ha ha

Something happened last night that I got a big laugh out of... after the initial shock.




When my daughter, grandson, granddaughter and her husband took me to a seafood place for my birthday back on the 6th, they gave me gifts. 

Well, last night I am talking to my daughter and we get  on the subject of gifts and she asks, "What did I give you for your birthday, Mom?" 

So, I am thinking, she's trying to trip me up, checking to see how good my memory is! 

                               But, after hemming and hawing,  I had to finally admit...

                               "I don't remember what you gave me, Shirley."

Yep, it worked. She caught me in a very forgetful moment. Guess she'll be checking me more frequently now. 

Then, she started laughing. 


(taken last year)

    "I don't remember either, Mom" and we both tried and tried to think of what it was she gave me.


                                 I felt better. She's a lot younger than me and she forgot!

      Well, this morning she texted me to tell me that about midnight last night she remembered. 

                                                      At least one of us did! 

I am linking with Thankful Thursday.... because I am so thankful that I am not the only one who forgets things. 

13 comments:

  1. Haha that is cute...I forget things like that too at times 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 51, I forget things too! lol Good to know others do as well! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I forget too. It’s ok. I usually remember later, a LOT later:). Enjoy your evening. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo of the two of you and how fun to have some good laughs together! It's hard to keep track of everything. Gifts though...I don't get that many to forget! heehee! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now we all want to know! What did she give you for Christmas?
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean for your birthday!
      I can't remember 'birthday' long enough to scroll down and comment!

      Delete
    2. It was a insulated bag to carry my water bottle in on trips I take and a pair of houseshoes. Nothing memorable, ha ha.

      Delete
  6. Trust me when I say I cant remember what I had for breakast at times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! ha! I'm so glad your daughter couldn't remember either. I always tell my dad who is 90 years old to remind me to... and then we both laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, we all have those moments, Latane. And, now you have me (and maybe others?) wondering just WHAT did your daughter give you for your birthday now that she remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo!! Yup, I guess we all have those forgetful moments. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that happy photo of you and your daughter. Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. Glad one of you remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have these senior moments. I say it is because my hard drive is full after a lifetime of juggling family and full time work. If only I could expand its storing capacity or wipe some of the irrelevant or painful information from it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.