Thursday, January 2, 2020

The New Year

                                                                      Mercy Me!!

                                                                       I Made It!




             The busy and exciting trip is put away in my memory bank,
                   the hectic but happy Christmas is over for another year
                                 and I even saw the New Year in... 
                         not my choice. I just could not go to sleep!!

I was watching the clock - 11:30 - 11:45 - Midnight and 2020 began. I did not lose a glass slipper running home from the ball. I did not have a crystal carriage awaiting. I just took 1/2 a melatonin and went to la-la land.


I woke up to a warm, sunny day. What the heck! It's Jan. 1st, in Virginia. It's suppose to be cold. But, I'll take this weather any day.




I started on a project. You might call it a New Years Resolution! But, I won't do that. I never keep resolutions so calling it that might put a jinx on it. I intend to keep this one and here it is Jan. 2 and I already have TWO (yes, I said 2) kitchen trash bags filled with throw aways, yardsale stuff etc, etc. And, I haven't even left my office yet!! Why... why... why do we stick stuff back that we will never use? Clutter!


At my age, in my small apartment, I have discovered I never really needed most of what I thought I had to have. There's a lot of talk these days about being a minimalist. And, I am sure leaning in that direction. Makes life so much easier.


Anyway, you don't want for me to go on and on about house cleaning, now do you? I didn't think so.


I went into the living room, sat down in my fav chair and looked out the balcony doors. There was the cutest little chickadee having a bit of lunch. I was pretty proud of the way the picture turned out.. it was taken from inside to outside, across my living room, through glass doors. 


                                So I am leaving you with this image instead of the yucky one above!





7 comments:

  1. That is a great photo of the Chickadee!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo of your Chickadee. I love the birds. I hope a lot of the ones that we used to have will come back this year. I hope to be doing the same thing to all the stuff that I've collected over the years. At eighty, I really don't need most of it. Good luck with your clean out project. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were watching Midsummers Murders and both fell asleep in the den. Got up about 11:15 and went to bed. However, since it was about 11:45 by the time I was in bed and settled, thought I might as well wait for the New Year to come in. DH was already snoring. I heard a few fireworks going off at 12, then fell asleep.
    And I don't do NY's resolutions either... not as such. I might tell myself that I'd like to do this or finish this sometime this year - but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it to the New Year. Can't say I have in a long while. Love that little Chickadee. Smart idea decluttering. I really, really need to do that. Thanks for the nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a chipper little guy and a very nice photo. Good luck with the decluttering. Some of that is going to happen around here, too — as soon as I’m fit to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I am finished celebrating Christmas, one this weekend and one next weekend... I will join you in clearing the clutter. I don't keep resolutions either:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear... I have to declutter my clutter:) It's a never ending process.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.