Monday, January 27, 2020

My Hum is Going Dead

                                              I have a HUM.

                 Not what you think. It's the Verizon version of On Star.

Durnist thing. My son gets my alerts. He's all the way in Alabama and when I had my little rear-end mishap he knew it almost before I did!! 😇

And, my Hum has been sending me messages that my battery is low. First it was the car battery. Next it was the Hum battery.

Okay, I know I need to drive my car! Poor thing just sits there and even if I do take it out anywhere it's only for a couple blocks or so. No wonder the battery thinks I don't want it to work anymore.

When I moved into my apartment I was so excited that EVERYTHING was sooooo handy.

My dr. is 1 and 1/2 blocks away. Hospital 2 blocks, grocery 3 blocks. I don't get that engine going good until I am back home again.

So, Sunday I took her for a little spin! Just me and her. Out on the open road, zipping along enjoying the sunshine. (and almost no traffic).
The weather was chilly but sunny so I drove up Rt. 10 for several miles and then cut through the countryside to go by the cemetery where hubby is buried. And, back home again.



That durn Hum battery is still low. I can't check my car battery but I guess I will know if I get a message saying. "ALERT.... Your car battery is low" anytime soon.


2 comments:

  1. A nice day for a drive and to visit where your Hubby is buried. Precious times remembered! Keep that battery charged:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard about the HUM. It does sound interesting though. I'll have to look into it. I don't get to drive very far anymore either. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.