Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Getting Caught in my PJs


 

Even though I live alone and sometimes for days on end, do not see a soul, I try to dress, put my makeup on and sometimes add earrings and other jewelry. It just makes me feel better about myself.

But, then there comes a day... ever once in awhile... that I just want to be lazy! 

Such was last Sat. I knew I would be spending my afternoon curled up in my recliner watching college football and it being Saturday I just knew in my heart that no one would come by. So, at noon I am still in my pjs. 

And, it always happens. 

Knock, knock!

Oh Lordy, there's someone at my door.

So, I slowly crack the door a tad and there stands my friend/neighbor holding a piping hot dish of mac and cheese for me. 

I just looked at her and sheepishly said, 'It's Jammie Day'. 

All I needed was fluffy bedroom shoes with floppy ears and my hair up in curlers! 

But, I am so happy to see her and happier to see that mac and cheese, so I let her in.

I swear I won't let that happen again........

But, you can bet your bottom dollar that the next time I am being lazy in my pjs, somebody will knock on my door.

That's okay.... if they are bringing mac and cheese!! 

18 comments:

  1. Nice to have a friend knocking on the door with a Mac and cheese dish! So good! You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I was thinking as I started reading your post that if I tried that, someone would stop by. And then I read it happened to you. :)
    A day in jammies sounds wonderful. A friend with Mac and cheese does too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it was a friend at your door AND bringing food!!
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get off this anonymous thing...just wanted to let you know I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are having the problem of Anonymous, on your blog, go to:
      Design...Settings...Go all the way to the bottom...Click on User Profile...The third heading down is, Profile Photo! Do you see your Favicon, or Photo? No? Reload it! Simple...
      Now my Pink Rose is, once again, showing up when I leave comments.
      When Blogger does their updates, for whatever reason, it can knock out the Favicon photo. Just make a note to check it first if your Favicon doesn't show up when commenting.
      It's the Devil in the Details!

      Delete
    2. PS- Hope Marie sees this? Latane? If you know her blog, could you please tell her about this fix?
      Thanks...Donna

      Delete
    3. Donna, thanks a bunch!! So helpful. I'll be sure that Marie sees your solution to the anonymous problem. She's my daughter!!

      Delete
  5. I couldn't do a pj day. I just wouldn't relax being worried about the knock on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe if I stay in my housecoat someone will knock on my door with mac & cheese?? Alright!! Lololol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny! I live way to far out for anyone to even visit. They all complain about how far of a drive it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this story - most of us will do anything for homemade mac 'n cheese I think!
    Glad to know you're doing well Latane. Stay cool, the heat is still with us here in the southeast - and already another possible hurricane churning around out there!!!!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Latane, Your story is so funny because I feel the same way. Some days, I just want a "PJ" day but I just don't do it because if I do, someone will visit or knock on the door. Really? Who cares? Ha! They would probably be envious and wish they could do the same thing... have a "PJ" day. You know, now that I think of it, they should have a national holiday called "PJ" day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is fun! At least it was a friend...
    If I know I am getting a parcel, I don't go out much, I put on a bra under my house dress. That's what I live in in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love pajama days. I had gone out on the porch to collect some firewood one morning. There were 2 buck deer just off the porch. They picked up their heads to look at me but didn't bolt. I guess they're not scared of anything in a pink housecoat. I told that story to my neighbor. He asked permission to hunt on my place and could he borrow the pink housecoat?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't that always the way?! Glad she was a friend though and it probably made her feel better about the days she spends on the couch in her jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have my own jammie days and yes, that’s always the day someone visits. How sweet of your friend to stop by with her Mac and cheese. Happy Sunday Latane!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.