Monday, September 18, 2023

Chickens At The Fair!

 The fair was pretty mundane until we got to the farm animal tent. Then I perked right up and started enjoying myself. Must be that Southern Farm Girl gene in me. 

When I was about 5 or 6 I had a pet bantam rooster. I was very sad when he died. 

When I was a fairly new newly-wed Elbert and I had an egg farm. A hundred hens who kept us in enough eggs to eat for ourselves and to sell.

And, we had chickens when Elbert retired from the Navy and we moved to the farm in Alabama. 

So, chickens have been a part of my life here and there. Glad I don't have any now. But, I had a great time enjoying them at the fair. 









8 comments:

  1. So many different kinds of chickens.
    Like that last one that is having a bad hair day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny that last chicken looks. Like it's frowning and having a very bad hair day!!
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly know how to put on a show for you! I love chickens too...I had a crippled hen, as a 10 yr old girl on the farm...I named her Crip. SO loving! Loved to cuddle with me and wanted me to carry her everywhere...I did. Broke my heart when she passed.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LaTane~ What a fun time at the fair! I think chickens are so funny to watch, and so beautiful to look at! Looks like you had a really fun time looking at all the cute little chickens and reminiscing! Fun Post! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were some good looking chickens, Latane, and I too have always enjoyed seeing them at county fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sure are colorful and I know you are glad you went....now that it's over. It gets harder to do everything as you age. But you sure are a great example of how to age beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would enjoy myself around all those chickens :) Glad you had a great time. Loved all the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.