Friday, August 25, 2023

If The Good Lord is Willing!!

 Let me tell you something funny! 

Of course, at the time it was not funny! It's odd how a different time or place will change your perspective on things, isn't it?

While I was going to my oncologist they were forever getting my scheduling wrong. I got pretty pissed at them about it. Then I discovered that there was incorrect information on the reports going out to my other doctors. Like... they had it listed as they were treating me for colon cancer instead of breast cancer. And, they had my Dad down as having had osteoarthritus. My Dad died at age 33, struck by lightning. Where were they getting this junk?

It was never resolved at the oncologist office....  however, I went to see my GP yesterday. Told her what a time I'd had and she immediately checked on her computer.

Now, Barton is a common name particularly in this area. They always use your first name when it's doing legal/medical/work stuff. So, my first name is Willie (named for my father who had just died when I was born). I just figured that I had to be the only Willie Barton in this world!

It seems that there are 3 Willie Bartons in the area who are patients of the oncologist. Me, another woman and a man. And, we are all about the same age. As many times as the drs. and nurses ask you your birthdate, it seems that they would have caught that. But, they didn't and have some other Willie Barton's information mixed up with mine. Now, that's scary but it's funny too. 

At least I am no longer going to that oncologist!! 

I'm gonna make it outta this cancer in one piece!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! So glad that got straightened out!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!
    I have a story too.
    My father and grandmother were in the same hospital on different floors.
    Their medical charts got mixed up and if my father had not read the chart, well you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amusing but also scary. It pays to double check and make sure your chart is really your chart. GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy!!! I used to be Linda Davis and at my GYN office - there were FIVE Linda Davis!! But nothing was ever mixed up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Scary for you!! Essentially, being treated for someone ELSES illness is no laughing matter!! I'd inform the board of Oncologist to let them know about the practices of your old doctor's office! That's so dangerous.
    Big hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY husband is a JR and he used to get traffic violations in the mail that belonged to his dad from another state. Plus his dad was a veteran and so is my husband and even with his dad now dead, we get things for Senior all the time. I thought they all had a better system that prevented this from happening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.