Monday, August 7, 2023

Climbing the Grand Tetons

 If you follow this blog, you know that I have been reading books on hiking... and I've seen several movies about the same subject, as well. 

So, imagine my delight when I discovered my grandson was going climbing/hiking in the Grand Tetons Mt. in Wyoming.  


Now, the climbing part... that sounds too scary... and once you climb.. you gotta come down! 


But, what an experience for him. Tighe is 15 and this will be something he will remember his entire life. If he never hikes again, so be it... but to have done it just once. WOW







Needless to say, I am extremely proud of him. Way to go, Tighe!!



7 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! That's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiking in the Grand Tetons is quite an undertaking. Your grandson will definitely remember the experience. We've been there, in Wyoming, and were awed by those peaks. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to him for setting that goal and climbing! You are so right, he will remember this forever. He can tell his children some day "when I was your age I climbed the Tetons". This is waaaaay more impressive than a teen reaching a certain level on a play station. This makes me very hopeful for our young people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing accomplishment, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful and what an exciting adventure for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling he's going to keep climbing...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.