Thursday, October 26, 2023

The Joy of Doing Nothing.

The weather has been incredible.... warm, sunny, just the right kind of weather for Michael to work on his boat. Next week it will be too cold... things don't set right, paint doesn't dry etc, etc, etc... when the temp gets below 70... And, it will.




So, I have been keeping myself entertained so that he could 'make hay while the sun shines', so to speak. 

I read 'Ordinary Grace' which I thoroughly enjoyed. That last chapter was a big surprise. Love books like that. 


I also started reading 'Finding Freedom' mainly because I am a huge fan of Erin French and her 'Lost Kitchen'. 


I also ordered an e-book 'Etiquette' an updated version of Emily Posts books of long ago. Thought I might need to take a 'refresher course' in my manners. 


I have also been busy making notes to work on when I get back to my computer at home and that cotton-picking book I am trying to finish writing. I swore I was gonna have it ready for publication by the end of the year but that 'ain't gonna happen.' 

So, I am keeping busy just relaxing, doing nothing. A great respite from my hard work I do back in Suffolk (ha ha ha). I am getting pretty good at this doing nothing sort of thing. 

Oh, and of course, I will be watching 'The Golden Bachelor' tonight. I was rooting for Nancy but they just didn't click and she headed home. The show keeps pushing Teresa but I don't like her. She's too mouthy. Maybe he'll end up with the pickle ball player. We'll just have to wait and see. 

7 comments:

  1. Hope he gets the boat finished!
    Have a sweet weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordinary Grace was a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my sort of 'busy!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Erin French book as well as her show The Lost Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that he's keeping himself so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear that you're relaxing and having a lovely time doing very little. GM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.