Sunday, October 22, 2023

Breakfast.... Again?

 The funniest thing happened on last Tuesday. We'd spent the night in a 'nice' hotel, had a breakfast that was extra yummy around 7:45. I even had seconds since I figure it might be awhile 'til we stop again. 

But, 3 hours later Michael is pulling into a Cracker Barrel. I looked at the clock... it said 11:30 so I thought, well okay, he must be getting hungry

We go into the restaurant and notice the menus do not list any lunch items. Michael tells the waitress that we'll take the lunch special and she said they didn't have any. She finally giggled and said, 'ya'll driving west? You are in a different time zone now.' 

Michael had seen the car clock, it said it was 11:30 so hey it must be getting close to lunch. It really was just 10:30 where we were. That time change can flat fool you. 

                                 We ordered breakfast! Again! 

The hashbrown breakfast casserole was quite tasty. Their regular hashbrown casserole topped with melted cheese, scrambled eggs, chopped scallions and french fried onion rings. I hadn't been all that hungry so I couldn't finish mine. But, men being men, Michael's was all gone!



1 comment:

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.