Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Arrival of the Solar Arch

                              Happy Halloween, you goblins! 

My son lives on a narrow lane. Not much turning around places.                                      Definately not 18-wheelers! 

The Solar Arch for the boat arrived... so Michael and I met the 18-wheeler at the beginning of his lane so that the driver would have a place to turn around. The package weighed 190 lbs. and was lifted onto Michael's trailer to be driven down to his yard. 


So, are you scratching your head over what a Solar Arch is... or are you much more 'up' on things than I am. It is a frame that will be attached to the stern of his boat and will hold 4-6 solar panels so that they will have electricity when they need it. And the arch will have a pulley to bring the dingy on board. 

picture not ours and it's a smaller boat but shows the arch.


this is Michael's boat, the Kira

 I tell you this boat is getting pretty fancy... all sorts of gadgets installed to make he and Roy's sail to the Caribbean much easier. Still lots of work to do yet so that journey won't be anytime soon. 

It was fun... having such a big truck come bringing supplies. Something like that doesn't happen every day. All I get are UPS trucks at my house!! 

11 comments:

  1. Yes, I was wondering what a solar arch was. It sounds like a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sail boat. Thank you for the solar arch info. That box is huge!
    A solar arch would be nice on my deck for the winter in case there are electricity outages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what a solar arch was either.
    Your son has a beautiful boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son's boat looks amazing and the solar arch will be very useful.
    The UPS truck comes by here but 98% of deliveries are for my son and DIL. GM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats some big truck. My youngest son was a lorry driver for a while and drove his huge lorry to where I lived, my neighbour's were very impressed. I was terrified he'd knock over a lamppost when he turned it! And great boat too, will you be sailing in it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice looking boat. I hope it's ready to sail in the kind of near future:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Latane~ What a beautiful boat! l think a solar arch is a wonderful idea... we are getting a solar panel for our rv, who doesn't want to utilize the sun!!?? I hope you will be enjoying the boat! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes a lot of sense to capture sunlight for electric needs while on a boat. When is the big sail scheduled for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this was so interesting, you explained it well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful boat! Thanks for explaining, I learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be handy for your son to have solar panels to generate electricity when on the water.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.