Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Lunch at Charley's

 Michael and I left Monday morning (he heading home, me riding along for an adventure). It's a long car ride but we planned to make it fun. Anything to keep Mama from conking out on him. hehe

I was surprised when it got lunch time and he suggested we stop in Farmville, Va. He'd heard about his sister, Shirley, and me having lunch at this cool restaurant there and wanted the two of us to try it out. 

It's been several years since we girls had gone there so I was surprised when I led him right to the front door of the place. Yep, there was Charley's... the best roasted red pepper/crab soup in the world! 


It was a fun stop over. We shared the soup. Michael got a Reuben sandwich which he pronounced as mild, tasty and it met with his approval. 


My chicken salad sandwich I thought had no flavor. Michael tried it and said the same thing. That was a disappointment. 


Man, I wish I'd just had a larger portion of the soup. It is soooo good.. 


After lunch we headed west toward the Blue Ridge Parkway... that will be in another post or two. 

8 comments:

  1. You'll enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were there Monday and the colors were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking us along on your adventure! I haven't been on the Blue Ridge Parkway in YEARS! I can't wait to see pictures!!! Have a good journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that soup sure does look good. Too bad about your chicken. I like my chicken sandwich spicy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time together. The soup looks so good!
    Michael really looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great for your trip ! From Sandra from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun trip and the soup and those french fries look amazing! Sorry the sandwich was disappointing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No doubt you'll be enjoying some beautiful scenery. Have a wonderful trip. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off on another adventure! You've had a great beginning to your trip. Reuben sandwiches are a favorite of mine too:) Sorry your chicken sandwich was pretty tasteless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.