Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Ice Cream, Figs and Crab Cakes.

 Continuing with the story of our four days on the Eastern Shore!

We played a lot of Scrabble. It was so good for Dylan, learning new words, adding up scores, connecting letters to make words. And, the little buggar beat us... every time. Of course, we did a bit of suggesting and encouraging. That's what Nanas and Gigis do. 


He took me on a ride or two on the golf cart! 
He asked if I minded bumps and I said no. 
So, he hit every one he could find.

We even rode over to a neighbors house. The old gentleman lives alone. We explored his yard and picked ripe figs and shot pictures of flowers and other pretty things. It's a gorgeous place but he can't keep it up anymore so it's pretty grown up. I'll share some pictures.


Ripe Fig


A tame persimmon not ripe yet.


The house


In his back yard



We had the best ice cream... butter pecan and I swear, there were more pecan halves (no, little bitty pieces) than there was ice cream. So yummy.

Dylan's Gammie (step-grandmother) brought us lunch and she made probably the best crab cakes I've ever eaten. 

So, we had quite a grand time of it over the weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I never liked figs until I tasted really fresh, ripe ones in France. Love the photo of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! My Sister Barbara LOVES figs! I know you are enjoying your fun times with Dylan and all the beauty around! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a good time and the pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a great way to creat some awesome memories. The old man jiving alone must be a kind soul to let you explore his place. And now I am longing for some ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say, do you know anything about figs and fig wasps? I see that's a nice entry for a wasp at the end of the fig.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.