Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Bird Buffet

I have had so much fun watching the birds this spring. I ordered 3 large suet blocks from Amazon and they are eating on the last one now. Guess I won't do another one until Fall. I mean, surely there are enough seeds and bugs out there for them now

              But, you know what... I will miss them if they don't come by all day long.

I was very blessed to have a Downy Woodpecker come several times a day ... or it could have been more than one... who knows. They all look alike. But, then a youngster started making an appearance on my feeder along with Mom (or Dad, I don't know... who feeds them?).

           I want to share some picture I made while the little one was still needing help.









Now, he's just an independent teenager and doesn't need help. 


linking to Thankful Thursday

12 comments:

  1. I love bird watching too and seeing all the different kinds that come to my feeder. Loved your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done suet before but after reading this I may order some for next winter! LOVE the birds! We have a woodpecker at home on the big pecan tree.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have let my feeders run out as well, but I miss seeing the birds up close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching the birds but the neighborhood cats think the birds at the feeder are their buffet. So I quit opening the restaurant for them..rather sad...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love watching the cute woodpeckers. Wonderful photos. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have seen the adult woodpeckers, but never the young. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to see the baby woodpeckers! And have them so near. We feed the birds year around, just as much for our entertainment as their benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely birds - woodpeckers are such interesting birds.
    Loved seeing a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what beautiful birdies! I know you enjoy watching them. Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have had a grand time watching the birds this summer, too. Have been through a number of suets,too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That suet seed turned out to provide food for the birds as well as entertainment for you, Latane, a win-win for all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious post!!!

    Love your photos! What a good camera you have.

    This was a wonderful idea and purchase.

    💚

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.