Friday, July 17, 2020

Evening Musing

I have been having some wildlife to watch as I sit on my balcony late in the evening. Often I eat my supper out there and keep my eye pealed for any creatures. 

First there was the doe I spied at the edge of the woods. Then, came two fawns galloping along to find their mother. That was fun to watch.






The next night, I saw some movement about the same place. It was two gray fox. A neighbor said that she and her husband saw one early in the morning, on the sidewalk just across the driveway from their apartment. Those little buggers are not scared of humans, evidently. 



I also have water birds that come to keep me entertained.
The Great Blue Heron likes our pond and is there often.


The Green Heron comes but not often. 


My balcony, late in the evening, is a real source of joy and peace for me. 

I tried to download a video I made to this blog post and it said it was too big... 2 minutes. that's not big. See YouTube videos on here all the time much longer.

I had a page on YouTube with nothing on it. so, I put that video on there, and I am going to see if it will download from there. Just messing around with my new camera.





6 comments:

  1. Your balcony is similar to our backyard... on a creek. We get to be entertained by the ferals and wildlife daily. And I loved your video. I have never microwaved corn, but love corn on cob. I usually boil it - but will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding peace and joy, looking from your balcony. Wisdom!

    Playing with your camera. More Wisdom!

    You are doing, what I am asking all of us, to do (in my latest post). Learn to deal with this miserable Wuhan Virus Pandemic. By finding the things, which bring us Peace and Joy.

    Instead of whining about, what we can't do.

    Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like it when the fox lose their fear and get to close. Good you have a balcony and can enjoy all of the wildlife from afar. Never microwaved corn but will try it. It certainly would be better than boiling in a pan on the stove. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful view from your balcony. What great photo opportunities too. I can see you are enjoying your camera. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love watching the wild animals around our place. We have lots of deer and they dont seem to be afraid of humans, cars, etc. I have never microwaved corn either but may give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are not near water. But we have foxes, a bobcat and kits in ur general area and someone in the greater town saw amountain lion (they will leave it alone if it is not gresive). But we have so many rabbits (they haave comletely destroyed the yard and emptied the garden), squirrels, and other various animals that we are not worried about them being close, but then small dogs and cats might be an issue I dunno.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.