Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Hotter Than A Tater!

My Word! 

It's hot... Thank God for air-conditioning. Even at 8 last night, it was too muggy and unpleasant that I could not stay on the balcony more than five minutes. Or maybe I am just spoiled!!

I've been spending a lot of hours every day, as I have for the past 4 months, trying to rework that book I published back in '91 and to add new pictures and stories into the new one. I am shocked that my hands aren't hurting more than they are! Wow! 


I am getting so tickled at Shirley. We've never had a lot of interest alike, like reading, writing, etc. until lately. She has jumped into this project like her pants are on fire! 

She's been editing pictures from long ago, some nearly a century old. All beat up, faded, cracked. And, she's having a blast cleaning them up for the book. She's been researching places in that community, too. What has happened to my daughter!!!

I got the first 24 pages publisher-ready this morning. Oh, so far to go... but, I'll get there. 

On to other things.

I am so tired of there being absolutely nothing to watch on tv.

I even resorted to DVRing an antimated movie and watched it a couple nights ago. 

It was 'Peter Rabbit' and guess what. I really enjoyed it.

You know what they say about when you get old you get your second childhood! hehe.




4 comments:

  1. I agree there isn't much to watch on TV. We love game shows and the old comedies! Keep those fingers typing girl and you will get there. Enjoy your day and stay cool, I am staying inside too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you stay so usy and totally invested in LIFE!
    I hope my daughter will be interested in helping me with my book. She is a professional writer andwill edit my book- as soon as I get it written. I'm dragging my feet. Do you self publish or send it off to a publishing company?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see that movie! We like lots of the kids type movies and there really is nothing on tv lately. We end up taking out some of our old DVDs to watch. Right now we are watching Fried Green Tomatoes at night...for about an hour. Then we go to the lanai and read. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really isn't anything on TV. I love baseball and that was put on hold. Then it started up only to have my team become ate up with Covid. Don't know what they will do now. At least you have a great project to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.