Friday, February 7, 2020

It's Friday! And, a Wet One at That

                We have had some rain. I think the whole east coast is floating away. 

I woke up this morning to what I thought was someone knocking on my door. Nah... it was the wind!

It was 9 ... yes, I slept in. I usually don't do that but I was so tired early last evening so I slept... one hour... woke up and then couldn't go back to sleep. 

                      So, I lay and looked at cute things on YouTube on my tablet. 

We had an activity committee meeting today. They've always had coffee for the residents in the community room. Every morning people are in and out getting their pick-me-up to get them going!

                            I don't drink coffee. Never have, never will. 

I am not a huge tea drinker, either, but I do enjoy a cup now and then. Today our life enrichment director announced that we will start having tea available in the community room. Guess I'll get my lazy self out of bed, put on clothes (I don't think they'd appreciate it if I went down in my jammies) and get me some tea. 


        
                                        
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I went down to play bingo last night. We each pitch in $5 to play and then that money is divided up for prize money. I won one game.. got my $5 back.

 Stay happy, keep dry, come back to visit again real soon.                                       


6 comments:

  1. It is raining/snowing here and supposed to continue tomorrow. I am so ready for spring arent you? Sounds like you have fun in the community room and am so glad. You will have to take some hot chocolate to drink since you dont care for coffee or tea! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy playing Bingo, too! A gentlemen in our group once described it as good cardio exercise. When you get close to winning, your heart rate goes up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tea AND coffee. I drink tea every day, a few cups, but coffee is for special occasions. Maybe twice a week we get coffee somewhere in the late morning as a treat. I think it’s wonderful you are living in a place that has fun activities and people who you enjoy friendships and the activities with. I have been lonely ever since I left family and friends in Minnesota and just haven’t made any new ones. I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it sounds like your building is a fun place to live. I start each day with a cup of coffee. Our weather is frightful too. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your blog. Your building sounds nice. Mine has many activities, but I am involved with the family here, why I moved...and church...and hobbies...and reading...lol...will go south soon to family there...keep writing...are you reading anything great right now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of wind where we were too, I could hear it whistling and blowing things around in the yard. I love to play bingo, sounds like you have lots of good things to do where you live:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.