Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Laughter and Food... a great combination

                                   Our Lunch Bunch went Mexican Today!

Once a month some of us try out a restaurant within our driving range. Sometimes that's challenging for us older gals so we choose something we feel comfortable driving to, going into the building, has food that won't be too difficult to chew and digest etc.  This growing old sure puts a damper on what you can eat! 


We laughed so much today. We have one new resident who went with us. Bless her heart, it's obvious that she has dementia. So, she said some of the funniest things. I know, it's very rude to laugh at people who have mental problems but we soon found out that she loved making us laugh. Soon as we laughed she'd say or do something else. She loved that attention and that way we all had a marvelous time.  

The wait staff expected us and they went out of their way to fulfill our wants and needs. Our waiter said we were pretty senoritas and of course, we loved that. He even took a picture of us so that all could be in it. So often the picture taker is missing! 



I'm really looking forward to our outing in March. 

(all photos but the last one was taken from their facebook page)

8 comments:

  1. What fun!! How nice to see you and your friends. You have such fun I sometimes wish I could join you. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I like the photo of all of you and the food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree with you more: Food, fun, and friends=a wonderful time out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog so much. Looks like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mexican food. I could eat it every day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Aging isn't for the faint of heart!
    Glad you enjoyed your day out with all your lovely friends!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that eating out at a restaurant with friends is the best! I wonder where you will be eating next month with your friends:) I still get together a couple of times a year with a group of gals (sometimes their spouses too) from my high school days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s so great that y’all can go out to eat and enjoy yourselves! I’m glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.