Monday, March 16, 2020

No eggs? Hens on a strike? No just Coronavirus!

I was having trouble keeping up with which day was what already but now but no activities to gauge the day of the week by... I am thinking everyday is a Saturday or a Wednesday. Thank goodness for my calendar. 

After getting my groceries yesterday I made up my mind to just stay inside. 

I know...

I should have already gotten groceries but I was on a mission. At this age, I can handle only one mission at a time and it was eating the last of my freezer food, cleaning it well and then starting over. 

Just look at it now...



I am so proud but it delayed me getting supplies for this 'semi-lock-down' we have here at the apartments. 

I scooted out yesterday morning to our local Food Lion nearby. Got toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, kleenex but there were no eggs or milk. No substitute for eggs but instead of regular milk I bought Silk Almond Milk and a can of evaporated milk. And, plenty of food to keep me going for some time. 

                    How's the shopping where you are? 

9 comments:

  1. Yikes! I shopped early last week before the chaos started and have enough to last for a while. It is crazy. I am staying in away from everyone and will until I just can't stand it anymore! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my freezer looking like that. You're an inspiration. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to say my freezer is fully stocked with meat, vegetables, and fruit to keep us eating for quite some time if necessary. And I have a good supply of canned soup, beans, etc. I always buy paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, etc. in large quantities anyway, so those shortages have not bothered me. But what is upsetting is our local library closed suddenly this morning. Wish I had gone Saturday and checked out a bunch of books!
    Hope you stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're in good shape trying to ride out the storm. Your freezer looks great. One of these days, I need to clean out mine. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to stock up and that Food Lion had all those necessary items. Supermarket shelves here are either barren or becoming so and I am wondering what people will do in the weeks to come. Lots of closures, cancellations and postponements here in NH as well. Lots of time to catch up on things put off before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was waiting for an ice storm to clean my freezer but none came so I am kind of glad now I am stocked. You found toilet paper?? Wow, that is the only thing missing in my town.
    Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My freezer is usually empty... except for ice-cream. It is fairly full now with enough to get us by for about 2 weeks. But the shelves around here are empty these days... no tp, no hand santiizers, no lysol/clorox disinfecting wipes. It would be nice if they restocked and limited the amounts sold to individuals. Maybe they will do this at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning!
    I just remembered a tip I heard years ago. A freezer uses less electricity when it is full. It takes more energy to keep empty air cold than it does to keep solid things frozen! The tip was to fill the empty space in your freezer with ice cubes! Freeze them, then empty into freezer bags, refill the ice cube trays again until the empty space is filled. Or you can freeze water in empty plastic milk jugs, though if using gallon jugs I find them too heavy for me to lift.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the Trader Joe store, the frozen meals were all out on Monday when I stopped by and at the Target store there was lots of empty freezer space and no TP or sanitizer wipes. I read that there's plenty of food in the warehouses but that the stores have scheduled deliveries based on what they sold before the Coronavirus panic buying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.